CF chips
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, CF chips in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey everyone, I've read alot from the forum about performance chips and all reponses where opposed to them.My last post ...
    eldoedwardo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado coupe

CF chips

Hey everyone, I've read alot from the forum about performance chips and all reponses where opposed to them.My last post had an advertisement about FC Chips.com. If our forum accepted fc chips as an advertiser would it have been checked out for their claims? Who would not want up to 60 more "plug in"HP? Your collective knowledge is greater than my speculation..Whats your thoughts on this subject? ....later Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: CF chips

you've got to remember that not all advertisers are approved by the forum (especially the google ads)

just for the record there are no performance chips for northstars and that site you reference is basically a legal scam
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

also, are you sure you're not talking about GFChips?

check out these other threads https://www.google.com/#q=gfchips+si...llacforums.com
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

eldoedwardo, You have the wrong info: Nobody in here is "opposed" to "performance chips" that actually work - in fact, most of us would like the opportunity. Kicker is, for the later FWD Northstar engines this "chip" is a scam.

If GM could get "up to 60 hp" from a plug-in doohickey, why didn't they do it in the first place - and ride along with the other claims of increased gas mileage, superior performance, and a cure for leprosy ?

Have you gone down and surfed through the Engines forums for the PCM Tuning department: "Cadillac powertrain control module tuning....." ????

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

If GM could get "up to 60 hp" from a plug-in doohickey, why didn't they do it in the first place
    AMEN! Simple common sense applies here. No insult intended.

eldoedwardo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado coupe

thanks everyone, My gut said it was a scam, especially when one reviewer said the return policy was hassle free.I trust you guys and gals that what you tell me to be the truth! I have never had a doubt.. This ad was not on the right side of the screen, it was in the middle at the bottom of the page,however I will pay closer attention in the future.
    Ranger, none taken,thanks...Sub...that was funny!!
    Thank you Everyone Ed

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

If you want power gains, do like Sub said and google "Wester's garage" The PCM, the onboard computer that runs our cars, can be tuned, for 96-99 Cadillacs.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

To drag this out a bit further, the so-called "chips" for your particular section of engine model usually consist of a simple 25 cent resistor in either series or parallel in the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor circuit. The resistor skews the IAT signal in order to richen the fuel mixture. Well and good. But, the PCM will NOT alter the throttle position/airflow/ignition sensor signals to take advantage (???) of the rich fuel mixture. In your case you wind up with a gas hog with an off-idle bog and poor part-throttle performance.

Google "westers garage canada" and do some dedicated homework in Lyndon's site. Look in the Price List tab and you'll see the work for '96 - '99 PCM's. The 2000 - 2003 "Coming soon" has been there for 4 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.