Having HG problems and ordered NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE studs...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Having HG problems and ordered NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE studs... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I've got a classsic 93 ETC with head gasket woes.I'm a Cadillac certified tech,so I can fix the issue.I've installed ...
    Red93etc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 ElDorado Touring Coupe

Having HG problems and ordered NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE studs...

I've got a classsic 93 ETC with head gasket woes.I'm a Cadillac certified tech,so I can fix the issue.I've installed "timeserts"on several 4.6 engines and am not a big fan since they do have REFAIL issues. After some investigating and reading good things here about SG studs and Nortstar Performance I ordered up a set.
    That was 10 weeks ago! Can anyone here put me in touch with Jake Weibe so I can find out what the hold up is? I've called,emailed and written ,but I get NO RESPONSE and with summer more than 1/2 over, I'm out $550. and without the use of my ELDO! I'm not in full blown panic mode just yet,but I am getting there! I'm dyin' to install the stud kit...I just wish I could GET IT! I was steered here by some previous comments.Any help in this matter from some of you forum vets would be greatly appreciated.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Another...hmm

Re: Having HG problems and ordered NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE studs...

A little cryptic and omenous there, Vince.As a relative newbie here,it makes me a little nervous,think you could elaborate? Thanks...

CadillacSevilleSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS
    A lot of the threads were deleted, but many have complained in here about Jake not delivering. I recommend issuing a chargeback with your credit card company and placing an order with Carroll Custom Cadillac for their studs.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSevilleSTS View Post
    A lot of the threads were deleted, but many have complained in here about Jake not delivering. I recommend issuing a chargeback with your credit card company and placing an order with Carroll Custom Cadillac for their studs.
    Jake has a persistent habit of taking orders and having customers wait months for delivery.

99DeVille_NrthSt*r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille
    I have had experience dealing with Jake for years and have nothing but good things to say about him with my own personal experience. The stud kit is of the utmost quality and really instilled a great amount of confidence that when I get my car put back together there will not be another problem with head gaskets for 100's of thousands miles to come.

That being said I do know Jake has had a lot of issues both within his business (supplier issues, vendor relations) and his personal life and possibly could have handled communicating the issues with his customers so they could figure out if they may want to explore other avenues.

All in all Jake is a good man and produces a quality product that I guarantee will be worth the wait.

As for contacting him I believe the contact page of his website (northstarperformance.com) he has telephone numbers and email addresses, maybe see if you can get him on the phone, email is so easy to overlook sometimes, I know I have his number in an email somewhere if I find it I'll PM you.

Thanks for the reply...since I posted I've done more research and from what I've found,your advice seems pretty sound!Kind of begs the question why were threads deleted when they could have been helpful to Caddy enthusiasts !? Isn't that what this site is for? Have you any firsthand experiance with Caroll? I'm just a little "gunshy" after this bad experiance with Northsrar Perf.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Jake has a persistent habit of taking orders and having customers wait months for delivery.
    Thanks Vince...that makes it pretty clear. I notice in your tag that you've dealt with Caroll. How's that worked out for you? Looks like I'm headed his way since Jake seems to have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by 99DeVille_NrthSt*r View Post
    I have had experience dealing with Jake for years and have nothing but good things to say about him with my own personal experience. The stud kit is of the utmost quality and really instilled a great amount of confidence that when I get my car put back together there will not be another problem with head gaskets for 100's of thousands miles to come.

That being said I do know Jake has had a lot of issues both within his business (supplier issues, vendor relations) and his personal life and possibly could have handled communicating the issues with his customers so they could figure out if they may want to explore other avenues.

All in all Jake is a good man and produces a quality product that I guarantee will be worth the wait.

As for contacting him I believe the contact page of his website (northstarperformance.com) he has telephone numbers and email addresses, maybe see if you can get him on the phone, email is so easy to overlook sometimes, I know I have his number in an email somewhere if I find it I'll PM you.
    Thanx for the reply...I appreciate your loyality and would be grateful for a number to contact the elusive Jake before I seek a solution to my Nortrhstar problem elsewhere. I'm a bit concerned though that if he has such poor business and communication skills ,what does that say about his product?! Cadillac customers I've dealt with at the dealership level,don't have a high tolerence for this level of poor performance. Kids on ebay handle transactions better and faster than this!
    Not your fault...just venting! Thanx again!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Threads where deleted because they deteriorated into pissing matches and bashing contests.

All I can suggest is to use the contacts on the Northstar performance web site.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Your time is quickly running out to take the solid advice given in post #4 concerning the charge back. If the seller was in the US he would be in violation of FTC rules that a merchant must offer a refund if they can't ship within 30 days. Save yourself an ulcer and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Threads where deleted because they deteriorated into pissing matches and bashing contests.

All I can suggest is to use the contacts on the Northstar performance web site.
    Thanx Ranger...Since my last post,I did manage to find a 4 page thread on this site and Yes,it was a pissing contest.Wish some threads had been closed but not deleted though. The deeper I dig,the more dirt I find! What a Bummer! A real life example of buyer beware!Makes me feel S-T-U-P-I-D!!! Guess I was blinded by all the glowing recommedations I found here,elsewhre on the net and on the Northstar Performance website!
    As the ol'saying goes..."Wish I knew then what I know now!".
    I have, in fact ,used every contact offered on the Northstar performance web site but to no avail! Thats why I started this thread. I was hoping for some "inside track'' fix from a long time member,but I guess that isn't available. I don't want to use this forum to start a pissing contest,just looking to get some help curing my ailing ElDo. Look forward to a long future of use on this fine site! Thanx though...I enjoyed some of your past posts and will look forward to reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by Red93etc View Post
    Thanx Ranger...Since my last post,I did manage to find a 4 page thread on this site and Yes,it was a pissing contest.Wish some threads had been closed but not deleted though. The deeper I dig,the more dirt I find! What a Bummer! A real life example of buyer beware!Makes me feel S-T-U-P-I-D!!! Guess I was blinded by all the glowing recommedations I found here,elsewhre on the net and on the Northstar Performance website!
    As the ol'saying goes..."Wish I knew then what I know now!".
    I have, in fact ,used every contact offered on the Northstar performance web site but to no avail! Thats why I started this thread. I was hoping for some "inside track'' fix from a long time member,but I guess that isn't available. I don't want to use this forum to start a pissing contest,just looking to get some help curing my ailing ElDo. Look forward to a long future of use on this fine site! Thanx though...I enjoyed some of your past posts and will look forward to reading more.
    Go with CCC, pm me

eyewonder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, 170K Miles

Red,

In addition to Carroll for one-piece studs, Norm's inserts are out there, and can be ordered to accept new GM head bolts, or ARP studs.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Deville View Post
    Your time is quickly running out to take the solid advice given in post #4 concerning the charge back. If the seller was in the US he would be in violation of FTC rules that a merchant must offer a refund if they can't ship within 30 days. Save yourself an ulcer and move on.
    Thanx... already have that ulcer though! Would rather get the studs,but I think your probably right!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.