Northstar Performance - Cylinder Head Studs. Stock Issues Resolved.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Performance - Cylinder Head Studs. Stock Issues Resolved. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; After a week of straight machine work, we're caught up to past orders, we have stock on the shelves of ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Northstar Performance - Cylinder Head Studs. Stock Issues Resolved.

After a week of straight machine work, we're caught up to past orders, we have stock on the shelves of studs and we are currently still running production.

Here's a close-up shot of the threads....

threads.jpg

When I was no longer happy with the studs that I was getting from the machine shops I had contracted, I took the initiative to purchase my own equipment to produce.

There was a time late last year and early this year that we were not able to fill orders. It was a financial drain to aquire the equipment I so desperately needed.

I'm happy to announce that once again, we are shipping regularly and I will do everything in my power to ensure availability will never be an issue again. The odd time we may have a day or two where we cannot ship, this is normal within any company for whatever reason- but I will be making damn sure that those who have been loyal to my company; we will be loyal to you.

Now as for the installation kit- it is IMPERATIVE that an alignment plate be used when drilling and tapping. The one I provide with the kit- it will take anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 hours to drill and tap all 20 holes, depending on how quickly you work. But the end result is 20 studs that NEED NO ADJUSTMENT with a mallet to slip the head gaskets and cylinder heads over. They will be all 100% in line. This new-found accuracy is due to tight machining tolerances and the addition of our CNC in the shop- and the particular method we use to manufacture the studs. None of them will be warped or bent when you receive them. We've tried a few engines with our new kits and studs, they all line up every time.

Any questions or concerns I will be happy to address right here on the forums, or via email - info@northstarperformance.com.

For those who have stayed loyal and decided to purchase from us, we have received nothing but excellent feedback on quality as well as ease of installation from those people. Thank you for your loyalty.

If you plan on studding your Northstar, please come to us for the kit. You will not be sorry. Proceeds from the sales of the kit are being re-invested into machinery, equipment, and a United States distribution facility.

Attention repair shops- please contact me in regards to registering onto the installer network. There will soon be a new warranty behind our stud kits (in-writing, prepared by a law-firm in New York) ensuring that this kit will fix your customers' Northstar engine. If it doesn't, a lump sum payment of four figures will be made to your customers to assist in the replacement of the engine.

Now- if there is ANYONE who I have overlooked, please come forward- contact me- and I will do all I can to help you.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: Northstar Performance - Cylinder Head Studs. Stock Issues Resolved.

Glad to hear you are caught up and doing well!

But my advice to you as someone who has been tangled up in something similar to this myself would be to keep the feud with your competition off the forum. Take the high road.

I agree fully. This is why I haven't said much anywhere. I've been biting my tongue... focusing on that would be similar to a dog chasing his tail. I have a job to do and I only have one direction that I want to move in and that is forward. I have thousands of Cadillac owners to help and now I have the ability to do so with the finest studs that have ever passed through my hands.

Thank you FadedCrest

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Great news, Jake!
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

CCC is history on the forum and Jake has prevailed. Sometimes the good guy does win.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Thank you. I will do my damndest for my customers. One thing that is becoming priority #1 is a USA distribution facility to speed up ship times and eliminate any chance of packages getting stuck in customs. It's one thing to have product to ship, it's another to get it to the customer in a timely fashion.

I expect this change to occur within a 30-45 day time-frame. Canadian orders will still be shipping out of Canada.

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Jake - you were the first to market with a complete N* stud solution, but you had some issues, and compelled (practically invited) someone to fill the void. You have a good product, and your heart is in the right place, but please don't be too offended when someone steps up to the plate and supplies a competing product, when you couldn't, or when someone orders from someone else, when you couldn't fill orders. It's not personal - it's the American way. You have the huge advantage of being first - now you can be best!

I was faced with financial issues and supplier issues. That void that I left was not left deliberately and in no way did I invite anyone else in. I stated at one point that I would sell the patent in it's current pending state to a company that could properly provide for Northstar owners if I lost hope of eventually being capable of doing so. Interested parties could have contacted me directly and make offers. I have a lot invested in all of this.

The United States has a patent and trademark office for a reason.

Let's let it go for now. I'll be back next week with further updates.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Cylinder Head Studs. Stock Issues Resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Thank you. I will do my damndest for my customers. One thing that is becoming priority #1 is a USA distribution facility to speed up ship times and eliminate any chance of packages getting stuck in customs. It's one thing to have product to ship, it's another to get it to the customer in a timely fashion. I expect this change to occur within a 30-45 day time-frame. Canadian orders will still be shipping out of Canada.
    What became of the Post Office (?) drop in North Dakota ?............maybe it was UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Let's let it go for now.
    ^^^ Good words.

I let that shop go late last year. Financial cutbacks. That and crossing the border every couple of days for shipments took up more time than it was worth. The next time around it won't be North Dakota and it may not even be my company doing the distribution.

JoeTahoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GMC SLT,Tahoe, Malibu LTZ, 99 STS studded with NP

Jake my offer still stands
    97EldoCoupe and 97EldoCoupe like this.

I thank you Joe I will quite likely be in contact soon regarding NY Distribution. NY would be a great state for a shipping location. There's two shops who are regular customers/installers now in Syracuse....

My99Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC
    Still waiting.

I am well aware of that Paul.

CadillacSevilleSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS
    The brotherhood of this forum is absurd. I cannot believe Sal tolerates it. Jake was using this forum to straight up rip off hard working Americans. I find it funny that the threads where his dirty deeds were brought up were closed. The thread by Carroll Custom Cadillac that offered a solution to Jakes nonsense came up missing. Yet Jake can produce a new batch of studs, act like nothing ever happened, and is now allowed to come in here and bash Carroll Custom Cadillac and basically spit in the face of all those he jerked around. Your forum buddies can delete all the evidence Jake, but guys like me who saw what you did to people won't forget and will be here to tell the newbs the truth. Anyone looking for a head gasket repair for their Northstar either use inserts or studs from Carroll Custom Cadillac. I recommend not purchasing from Northstar Performance. Not to say he doesn't produce a quality product, but he doesn't conduct his business with integrity.
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.