'00 Deville sat for year. Coolant, Battery, Misfire, Brake fluid problems HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, '00 Deville sat for year. Coolant, Battery, Misfire, Brake fluid problems HELP in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; 2000 Cadillac Deville 126k Last year I discovered i had leaking coolant after I bought it. I used bars leak ...
    hrankarl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

'00 Deville sat for year. Coolant, Battery, Misfire, Brake fluid problems HELP

2000 Cadillac Deville 126k
    Last year I discovered i had leaking coolant after I bought it. I used bars leak head gasket fix, and it temporarily healed the problem for a month. Problem arose, I went back to school, planing to work on it later. It was spitting out white smoke from exhaust.(coolant i assume)
    So, this summer I want to get it running. Jumped it last week, started up, after pouring a K&W Fiberlock bottle in the radiator hose on top and topping off the coolant level. Let it run 15mins to warm up tried to move it, pumped brakes and pedal went to floor. Ran it for 45 mins. It wasn't giving me hardly any power and jumped to full power once or twice, i think there is a misfire. Brake fluid container is empty, so i filled it up next day. Tried to start it next day, wont even click, lights in car were on though.

-So I think Ill replace the battery
    -see where brake fluid settles
    -Look into the plugs

Advice? i understand that letting it sit for a year was a bad idea. The misfire thing is perhaps the one I am considerably scared of. I'm aware of the common head gasket problems, that bolts pull and fixing/replacing is practically totaling the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: '00 Deville sat for year. Coolant, Battery, Misfire, Brake fluid problems HELP

Unless you plan on doing a proper HG repair (drop the drivetrain, pull the heads, drill and retap the bolt holes and insert or stud it), don't put a dime into it. The repair in a bottle will not hold. If you do repair it properly, then based on the brake fluid reservoir being empty, find and repair the leak and then bleed the system (you probably pumped air into the system). Battery sounds like it needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.