my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Overheating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Overheating in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I bought this car in February 2012. The car ran fine and than it overheated. I took it in and ...
    Jaronj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Eldorado

my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Overheating

I bought this car in February 2012. The car ran fine and than it overheated. I took it in and Brake Plus ran a lot of test. The found no leakage from the pressure test. The Fans works and the water pump worked. They found no temperature differences when the ran the test on the radiator. Removed the thermostat replaced it and said i should consider replacing the eater pump belt it has cracks but i was told it was fine for a while. Two days later the car overheated AGAIN. Took it in and was told that oh, it was just air in the radiator that has busted but it shouldnt of been in there because the guy who fixed it should of drove the car to test is. He didnt so Brake Plus told me i will have 20% from future work on car. Shortly after the 2nd time i took it in i started seeing white smoke. Took it back into the shop and was told a gasket was bad. I feel like i should sue brake plus if this is the case because they told me the car was fine? do i have a case? but also i used blue devil gasket sealer car has no over heated but temperature goes up and does go back down to normal temp 196 -205. Is the gasket blown, did the sealer not work? Is there other things i can do to cure this problem? or was i simply sold a lemon???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado

Blue Devil and other products like it do not work on NorthStar head gaskets

all the info you need to fix the car properly has been posted here (asked and answered and documented while being fixed) thousands of times

most cadillacs for sale on the used market are for sale because something is wrong ... either the suspension or the engine (both the more expensive repairs these cars can need)

i can't really comment on if you have a case against the shop but it does sound like they either don't know a thing about that car at all or they were lying to you

i'd tend to fall on the side of ignorance and they just don't know (lots of well seasoned mechanics don't know how to diagnose or work on these cars)

----------

others here will probably tell you to confirm that it is the headgaskets on your own with a 'block test' (key words to search for)

i would suggest that you check the 'purge line' first ... another key word to search for
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado

do i have a case?
    Check with a lawyer. Any legal advice you get here is worth exactly what you pay for it.

was i simply sold a lemon???
    Probably.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Overheating

Sue them for what? Giving you a wrong diagnosis? If you could sue for something like that nobody would open an auto repair business.

Forget about that crap and concentrate on finding out what is wrong with your car. The definitive test is a block test. Check the purge line like Chris said, but don't get your hopes up. You might be a new member of the blown head gasket club.

Just so we are all on the same page, what is the temp. when the car is running hot? Does it say "stop engine" "Overheated" or are you just going by the temp?

bill buttermore is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 DeVille 130K (Sold to Son)

Re: my 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Overheating

The white smoke is a strong indicator that coolant is entering the combustion chamber, most likely through a failed head gasket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.