WOT problem and P0300 - 2000 Eldorado - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, WOT problem and P0300 - 2000 Eldorado in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I think it is in there somewhere....
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Wot problem

I think it is in there somewhere.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ah, you have the ETC model without the digital dash (with gauges)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS

Took a sneak out to the car during work . Axtec Tx. for the keys to the Kingdom. Yikes ! What is all this stuff. P0731 I sure this was the results me trying to do WOTs and turning off the traction control while I was still moving. Not recommended ! U1152, B1327,B1771 U1255, U1000,B2119. Can this info be found in the FSM cause Im still at work for awhile. All was stored in history. When the codes stopped spitting out it stopped at PCM? What would the next action to be taken from this point. Also can I remove these codes some how? Tx.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

first take a step back and breathe... lots of codes is common... what you need to do is figure out what they all meanin the sticky thread there's a link to the obd1 and obd2 code definitions ... (your car is obviously obd2 so use that link)also note which codes are current and which are history ... there will be a C or an H at the end of the codes to designate this aspectthen come back and post up the codes (noting history or current) AND their definitions then we'll be getting somewheregood luck

----------

remember the easiest way to exit diagnostics is to just turn the key back to off and take it out of the ignition
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Also can I remove these codes some how?
    Yes, the DTC sticky Rippy mentione will explain it, but if they are current, they will return as soon as the failure is detected again.

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

P0731- Incorrect 1st gear ratio. Could be a bad sensor or a slipping trans. Good news is no misfire codes. B1327 is a low voltage code which could cause your other problems.
    To clear PCM codes, go into Diag mode, press "FAN DOWN" to display "PCM?". Press "FAN UP". Press "FAN DOWN" to show "PCM CLEAR CODES". Then press "FAN UP". PCM codes cleared. The PCM codes are the only ones that will put the light on.
    Recirc button will get you out of diag without turning key off.

Thanks for the further info . Did some Wot testing to day . Went on the highway on the way to costco no problem . On the way back did a few more WOTS then ,flashing light, pulled off and left iginiton and pulled codes nothing. light went off. went a mile or so further then flashing light again. I was of hwy by now so i did codes as I was driving . NOW I gOT A p0300 CURRENT . So at least there something. This problem seemes to arrise during extended HWY especially in the over 65 mph and up driving and WOT or passing situations, around town I good. . Anybody got ideas for a strating point . Ill check that voltage thing later on today. just changed the serpetine belt last week so that could be a carry over issue .The belt was the orginal.

----------

Forgot . CEL is not on . only stored in current mode. TX

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

P0300 C - Misfire detected. (The address for "obd2" in the code pull sticky. Master Index)

How old/miles are your spark plugs ?? ACDelco #41-987 plugs. Maybe a set of boots.

Click on my username, open the profile. 2 albums in the left column, 6 pages of your engine and parts and procedures - most annotated. You're gonna love changing the plugs............also, check your fuel injector electrical connectors and all the intake duct clamps at and after the MAF - one loose clamp will set codes and cause rough idle/stumble.

This just in! Same thing happened to my car today. Blinking light, P0300 with NO MISS. Took a while and a few clearings but finally threw a P0340, CAM SENSOR. It's on the front of the rear head. Damn near need boneless hands to change it. It's good now.
    Try it only if you're not feeling a miss.
    I guess it could also lead to the P0731 that you had too.

Ill answer both you and sub here . Plugs are orginal except for # 4 and #5 that I changed out when I did the coil packs . Plugs with 68k miles. Replaced plugs with correct A-C plugs although orginal plugs in car were not AC. They were denso 12561446 the is also another# on the plug pt16epr-c13. I bought this car new so no one should of changed these they look just like the A-C s.
    Aztec HMMMMMMM ! A couple of months previous to this miss thing I got the P0340 a few times but It went away. I attributed to the fact that I took a trip and forgot to put the oil filler cap on and was really driving hard and oil was thrown all over the engine . I cleaned every thing up and it went away. I have a miss though but it is not present all the time just when get the flashing light.

That's it. You have an intermittently shorting Cam sensor. As long as you're not feeling a miss, that is. It is a ball buster to change. Maybe easier with hoses removed. I snuck mine out & in. This was the first one I had to change in a Cadi. Good luck!

If you had a bad coil or plug, you should be getting a specific cylinder code.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ELDO GUY View Post
    . Plugs are orginal except for # 4 and #5 that I changed out when I did the coil packs . Plugs with 68k miles. Replaced plugs with correct A-C plugs although orginal plugs in car were not AC. They were DENSO 12561446 the is also another# on the plug pt16epr-c13.
    The original plugs in most of these engines were DENSO - the new "AC Delco" plugs are made in Japan by DENSO - look at the box. Somewhere along the line - maybe 2002 or 2003 - the plugs started to be installed with the new contract AC marking system. My 2002 owner's manual still listed the DENSO plug number.

FWIW, when you get the steady SES light you have some occasional engine miss or emissions problem - when the light begins flashing you have a reoccurring or steady miss and you run the real chance of cooking the catalytic converter by dumping excess raw fuel into it.

Just for grins, also test the FPR while you're in there changing the CMP.

Re: WOT problem and P0300 - 2000 Eldorado

So consensus is to change the cmp . How long did that take ! Ill look in the fsm for the procedure and exact location. Ive heard this is pretty ugly and involves lots of swearing . Any recommended brand to use for this . I did check the fpr with a vacum checker and it did hold pressure. Tx.

Ok guys , Two more questions . Where is the CMP. I'm looking on the passenger side by all the heater hoses on the block, on width side . And when I find it . How do I attack this thing. from top or bottom ? I looked in the FSM but its not real informative TX.

It is on the front of the rear head, right where you're looking. Below the hoses. Tough to see, even harder to change. It took me about a half hour from the top using a 1/4" air ratchet, a short 10mm socket and a couple sets of long needle nose pliers. I cut a small piece of the new shield off and used a shorter bolt with a "starter" point on it to make it easier. There's really no good way to talk you through it. I've been workin' on cars for about 30 years and it gave me a hard time. It's a three, small, boneless handed job.

I just got one from my parts store that I deal with everyday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.