Huge thanks to Joe at Midwest Cadillac Repair
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Huge thanks to Joe at Midwest Cadillac Repair in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Saved my 98 Eldorado from head gasket purgatory! Dropped the car off to him last Saturday, he called me last ...
    Bubba68CS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldorado

Huge thanks to Joe at Midwest Cadillac Repair

Saved my 98 Eldorado from head gasket purgatory! Dropped the car off to him last Saturday, he called me last night and I picked it up today. Drove it 300 miles back home without a single hiccup! Got 27 mpg to boot!

Anyone within a day's driving distance, I'd highly recommend him. I had to tow mine up...5 hour drive up there, 5 hours back. With the supply issue from Jake, I went with Norms inserts over studs. I would have paid the extra money for the studs, but I did not want to wait any longer than necessary, and given the track record with Norm's, I'm not at all concerned.

Couldn't be happier...thanks again Joe!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: Huge thanks to Joe at Midwest Cadillac Repair

Wow, that was a quick fix! Here I am still scraping off the tops of my pistons.

You are just fine with Norm's... maybe even better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    Wow, that was a quick fix! Here I am still scraping off the tops of my pistons.

You are just fine with Norm's... maybe even better off.
    Yeah, I managed to catch him in a lull...he was able to get it right in (think he told me he had 7 in a week before and a few coming up early April). I think having done 150+ of these, he's got the fixin' part down to a science once he starts work on them.

Mine had another test today...after the 300 miles back yesterday (in nice cool weather on flat ground at highway speeds, AC unnecessary), I took it to a town 20 miles away to help my folks shop for a car...90 degree heat, AC on full blast, three people in the car, and a lot of stop and go driving plus two interstate jaunts...never complained a bit.

I'm pretty much ecstatic!
    Faded Crest and Faded Crest like this.

gfincher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille

I've got a 1999 DeVille headed his way via auto-carrier right now. I heard about him here & after talking to him, arranged to have my car transported to his shop. I will be in Palatine next week to see when he can work on it & learn what it needs.

gfincher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille

Update: Joe resurrected my 1999 DeVille & I drove it back to N. Alabama from Chicago yesterday. Drove like a top! Great repair & great guy to do business with.

dukester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hello,

Any updates on how your Northstars(s) are running after the head / gasket repair from Joe at Midwest Cadillac?

In advance, thanks.

Duke

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Apparently they all run/ran fine during trips back home..........and practically NO ONE posts that things are wonderful in here - it's all gloom and doom.

What would make a studded/inserted Northstar NOT run well ??? He's at 200+ overhauls of various depths and counting................
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Eldo White Diamond 1969 Corvette ZZ4 2000 Turbo BUG

Joe's got mine torn apart as we speak! #202 . Im getting studded ,I thought it would be best, although I think the inserts would be ok to. I like to drive hard so I thought any extra level of protection I could get would be great . Ive got 3 long trips comming up first one is labor day to Detroit . Ill keep everyone posted but Im confident it will all be good. People are bringing him cars from all over the country and there is usually a wait . I think that speaks for it's self !

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Dukester, To add to your PM, I called Joe and gave him a heads-up that you might get in touch. He's busier than a cat covering crap.........

dukester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Submariner409,

Thanks, I spoke with Joe, and he said you had give him a heads up . . .

dukester sent me a PM asking about the repair, and while it hasn't been quite as long as I tend to like before posting long term results - the car is fantastic. I've put about 4000 miles on it since getting it back from Joe, done a number of interstate runs in this insane heat wave with the AC on full blast (those who saw my original post here know that the issues started showing when the heat touched a whopping 80 degrees), I've had absolutely no reservations about getting on it and cleaning out the cobwebs...everything is as it should be.

Joe is a clear lover of cars and having talked to one of his employees when I picked mine up (as he was out of town), he also takes care of his people. Couldn't ask for a better guy to do business with.

Hope that helps!

ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Eldo White Diamond 1969 Corvette ZZ4 2000 Turbo BUG
    Just picked my car up from Joe on Saturday right before I left town. I didn't know if it would be ready. So I already had my other car packed. Ill tell you this the car runs great and to copy a phrase, it looks like it never happened. Every bolt, wire, and screw was exactly in the factory position. Unbelieveable if you think of the magnitude of this project. All accessories are working as well. Ill report when i go on my next trip to Detroit labor day weekend. Officially I was job # 201!!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Good shops are hard to find!!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Joe's got the best kind of advertising: word of mouth. Glad you guys got your cars back to new! Joe, YOU DA MAN!!

HerkFCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville 4.9L; 2001 Seville STS

Oh, I am all over this..

I'm in southern IL but originally from Chicago, and know where Palatine is; about a 4 hour and some change run, based on traffic in the Chicagoland area and NW suburbs. I'll run my STS up there one weekend and pick it up the next, if he can get it in. Just got off the phone with him and seems like a stand up guy; went through in detail what he does and can't beat the price with a stick. Consider it done, just need the time to get up there.

I only heard of this guy because of this forum, good stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.