P119 and p080
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, P119 and p080 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok so I have a 1994 Cadillac concours and I've done so much work on this car and this seems ...
    lobato is offline Cadillac Owners Member

P119 and p080

Ok so I have a 1994 Cadillac concours and I've done so much work on this car and this seems to be my finally hill to get over.
    I'm getting a code p119 which is open or shorted fuel injector as well as p080 which I bbelieve is fuel system to rich

I have replaces all the fuel injectors as well as the fuel pressure regulator. I can't get to the fuel injectors with a stethoscope because the car will not run with the cover off. I have tried to run the injector test through the dash but I can not physically see the Rome and I really can't feel a difference between them. I also just recently replaced the whole instrument cluster but I did have the issue prior to that.

Anyone have any suggestions from here??
    I've taken it into two different shops who were unable to solve the issue and I just want my car to run like it should!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: P119 and p080

I can't get to the fuel injectors with a stethoscope because the car will not run with the cover off.
    Actually it will, but you DO NOT want to do it as it will runaway at WOT. Since the injectors have been replaced I'd look at the wiring up line.

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
    I have P119 before. The insulation for one of the injector became brittle and crack whick causes the injector to run/spray continiously. My fuel economy was around 13mpg. Since you replaced all the injector the only thing I can think of is the wire insulation. Pull the intake cover and check the wire.
    Also what was the reason you replaced the cluster? Mine would go on and off. My theory is that when I have the heater on it warm the cluster and somehow it would go blank.
    I also had P080 when I swithced from premium fuel to regular. It should adjust itself after it is used to regular.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.