01 Deville DHS N* Repair in DFW Metroplex
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 01 Deville DHS N* Repair in DFW Metroplex in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey guys I have been searching thru the forum and havent been able to locate a repair shop in the ...
    SilverDHS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX 2WD, 01 Deville DHS

Question 01 Deville DHS N* Repair in DFW Metroplex

Hey guys I have been searching thru the forum and havent been able to locate a repair shop in the Dallas Metro area that will fix the Head Gaskets. All the shops we had called said they only do R&R now. Crest Cadillac is where we get our other Caddies serviced regular and had no idea what I was talking about in relation to this thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...star-head.html Please let me know if you have had your HG repaired in Dallas/Ft Worth and it didnt cost you a 2nd mortgage to get done. TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

maeng9981 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Re: 01 Deville DHS N* Repair in DFW Metroplex

Crest Cadillac should handle general HG repairs.

If you are specifically looking for a shop that uses Northstar Performance's studs, try the shop that is under Northstar Performance's INNRS network - North Texas Performance - http://www.northtexasperformance.com/ 214-724-3246.

SilverDHS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX 2WD, 01 Deville DHS

Thanks for the information I have given to my best friend who now has my car. When I owned the car Crest wouldn't even look at it and just told me they only do R&R's for blown head gaskets, This is the reason I sold it to my buddy cheap and since I am handicapped I can not work on them and alot of the mechanics won't even talk to me when we go to a shop and ask questions. If this works out I will probably buy another DHS since it is the only car I can ride in comfortably anymore I will keep people updated on progress as I get it.

maeng9981 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Try to look for 2005 since they received revised head bolts (coarser thread). 2004's also received the revised head bolts but nobody knows since when in 2004. I don't think there has been any case of "bolts pulling" with the coarser thread head bolts.

Maybe the technicial who has been handling the HG repairs had been transferred...or quit.... I don't know. It's sad that they are no longer offering the service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.