Turbo'ed 98-04 STS N*
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Turbo'ed 98-04 STS N* in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Iv read up some on a compamy called 'QuickRev!' The do a 70mm Turbo setup to the N* STS, Im ...
    Sparkyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS, 69 Dodge Super Bee, 97 Mustang GT

Turbo'ed 98-04 STS N*

Iv read up some on a compamy called 'QuickRev!' The do a 70mm Turbo setup to the N* STS, Im wondering if anybody has heard anything about these guys and there setup they offer??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Turbo'ed 98-04 STS N*

old-time member Mark was the one who did this first ... here's his video

i think it cost somewhere between $10,000-$15,000 for that conversion ... not really worth the money in my opinion

also, i'm not aware of anyone else doing this
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Iv seen the video and ur right, thats a little much but thank you for the info

I talked to the guys at QuckRev about Mark's Cadillac, He got it running in the 10's now and it basically a complete and custome overhaul. estimated between $15,000-$30,000+ of work done if anybody is interested there number is 937-299-4358. There out of Dayton, OH

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Been discussed in here for years. The search ^^^ function should recall past threads. They generally surface and die when someone wants to do a $1500 slap-on speed mod to a FWD Seville................and keep it as a daily driver.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Like the old saying goes, "How fast do you want to go and how much money do you have?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyy View Post
    Iv read up some on a compamy called 'QuickRev!' The do a 70mm Turbo setup to the N* STS, Im wondering if anybody has heard anything about these guys and there setup they offer??
    it looks like $4000 will get you a turbo installed and the system working correctly

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

What are you smoking, AJ ???

Tell me, right here, that you will do a clean turbo install on my 2002.5 STS and guarantee that it is a daily driver, working correctly, including no emissions problems for $4,000.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

wow sounds liek Sub is ready to take you on that offer AJ if you come back and say you can for 4k i bet subs on the road tomorrow lol

Ok so today i spent a good time on the phone talking with Jim From Quick Rev
    was just curious for myself see how much something like this would cost
    decided that even if i have another 15 or 20k
    just wasn't something i can think of doing to the seville cause there is alot more to it and things that i would have to do over again
    like the Engine would need to be broken down swap the Pistons and Rods for Forged
    Tranny would need to be built up to support this set up and have it just like Mark's
    lots of Electrical stuff going on also
    If i had 30 or 40k sitting around i probably would do it just to say hey look what i got

From my Understanding talking with Jim he is the one who Built and Designed Mark's set up for him
    He has Said that he thinks Mark has about 26k into his 99sts

Its kind of cool when you think about it he said that he had the engine built with forged Pistons and heads im sure more then just that also
    the Tranny was Custom built i belive he also has it set up for Paddle Shifting
    the Hvac Steering wheel controls is what acts as the paddle shifters for his 99sts and wow that is just awesome
    From understanding every option still works air is ice cold heat is damm hot
    Electrical all works

How ever its even more intense to Maintain then a stock Seville

so for anyone who is looking to match what mark has and Jim said right now Mark is Running in the 10seconds

exspect to pay alot more then the 15k some here would say
    and have mentioned anywhere from 10-15k
    think higher it would be about 25-30k
    if your going to have someone els do this for you if your going to do your own work then your lower but this is atleast 25k job if your going to have someone els do

I may be taking a ride to Dayton Jim said he would try to Contact Mark and see if he has time to swing by the shop when i go up to meet Jim and let me take a look and a ride in the sts

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if you've got that kind of money lying around to blow on a project like this I would hope that you've already got at least a CTS-V in the garage as well as a few other go-fast modes of transportation

IMHO these 1998-2004 Sevilles are best kept stock, in factory condition ... corsa exhaust is just about the only modification that can see justification for
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I am not going to say what but i hear Jim and Mark have another NorthPowered Cadillac Project that Mark is thinking about

I don't like the Smaller cars
    im a bigger guy
    so if i where going to do this
    another thing i would also do is track down who ever had or has the Specs to the STSI body kit molds and pay big cash to have them made again

Jim said Mark is just like me
    he could be driving a Lamborgini but hed rather have the Cadillac Sedan

NHRATA01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    if you've got that kind of money lying around to blow on a project like this I would hope that you've already got at least a CTS-V in the garage as well as a few other go-fast modes of transportation

IMHO these 1998-2004 Sevilles are best kept stock, in factory condition ... corsa exhaust is just about the only modification that can see justification for
    I have to agree. Enjoy them as the comfortable cruisers they are. And FWD is never fun to try to make big power out of. FWIW I ran my 77k mile SLS down the 1/4 this past weekend when I went along to help out a couple buddies with their cars, and my T/A is done for the year. Only made one pass, 15.3@92 off a 2.3 60'. Maybe could've trimmed another tenth or two off playing with the launch.

If you want a big, fast Caddy, try the newer STS-V. Or something like a G8, 300C/Charger, '94-'96 Impala SS, Merc Marauder. There are better options out there.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    I have to agree. Enjoy them as the comfortable cruisers they are. And FWD is never fun to try to make big power out of. FWIW I ran my 77k mile SLS down the 1/4 this past weekend when I went along to help out a couple buddies with their cars, and my T/A is done for the year. Only made one pass, 15.3@92 off a 2.3 60'. Maybe could've trimmed another tenth or two off playing with the launch.

If you want a big, fast Caddy, try the newer STS-V. Or something like a G8, 300C/Charger, '94-'96 Impala SS, Merc Marauder. There are better options out there.
    The Impala and Marauder are ANYTHING but fast. Probably merely comparable to what he has now - a 15 second car.

NHRATA01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    The Impala and Marauder are ANYTHING but fast. Probably merely comparable to what he has now - a 15 second car.
    This is true, however an LT1 and a 4V mod motor are infinitely easier to make significantly faster than a Northstar, as well as having the benefit of RWD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.