tcc solenoid need help asap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, tcc solenoid need help asap in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i started the tcc solenoid job on my 2000 sts with the trans still in the car. i got the ...
    undertaker0231 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac STS

Angry tcc solenoid need help asap

i started the tcc solenoid job on my 2000 sts with the trans still in the car. i got the old one out let the clip for it fall to the bottom i got it. i put the new solenoid in.. now i can not understand how the clip goes in for the solenoid and i dont understand how tieing wire to it and what not will help me get it in on the other fourms will someone please help me so i can drive my car again or explain it to me in dummy terms step by step on how this retarded clip goes back in

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ternstes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V, 2007 SRX V8, 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2000 STS, 1999 STS

Re: tcc solenoid need help asap

There is a nice close up picture in this thread:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-begins-2.html

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Have you checked the Tech Tips forum? There are at least 2 tutorials. One is a video.

i got it in thanks guys!..now my problem is a piece of the gasket broke at the bottom and its leaking.. so i had to tear everything down again....tomorrow i am going to buy gasket material make my own gasket put it back together and never ever..ever and i mean ever. try to do anything that retarded ever again i would rather be tied up in a cage full of lions then do this job again not worth it at all.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

To each his own.....I've done this job twice already.
    I think you may have to replace the entire gasket, it is more of a large ring type, not like a conventional flat gasket. I can see a leak happening if if was not back in the groove when you tightened the cover back up.

i know im never gonna be able to replace the entire gasket with it in the car so when i get the new one im just gonna cut it at the top work it all around the groves then at the top where the cut meets silicone it.... also before i do any of this the new solenoid i received the connector at the top moves side to side? is that normal? i have it installed and plugged in im just curious because if i went threw a week of not having a car and put it all back together and it isnt fixed im gonna be one very unhappy person.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

I think you can replace the gasket in the car. It looked to me like it would slide over the cover, and it will actually stay in the groove better in one piece than if you cut it and siliconed it. The connector does move a little bit side to side. On both the ones I did the connector was broken off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.