Bought the '97 etc replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Bought the '97 etc replacement in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; It's not a Cadillac, but I thought some of you guys that are familiar with me might be interested - ...
    tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Bought the '97 etc replacement

It's not a Cadillac, but I thought some of you guys that are familiar with me might be interested - especially since it is a new technology from GM.

It's a 2012 Buick Lucerne with what they call "e-assist" - basically a mild hybrid - gets 26 MPG City/35 MPG Highway. Lots of technology went into that 3,800 pound car to get that mileage.

Look here for a video - it's a little long, at 22 minutes, so you may want to skip around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0pxt...eature=related

The car arrives this week - the one I test drove didn't have some features I was looking for. I'll give you an update down the road after I've had it for awhile.

Richard Moore

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Cool, congrats man!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: Bought the '97 etc replacement

Congrats and keep us posted.

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Re: Bought the '97 etc replacement

Picked up the car yesterday - so far so good - very quiet and a smooth, surprisingly heavy ride - 34 MPG going to and from work, mostly highway - I used to get 22MPG in the 2000 DTS doing that - a little better in the '97 ETC - maybe around 23-24 MPG this time of year, when I use no AC. I get about the same mileage in my 2005 Lincoln LS with V-6 (23-24 MPG, depending on the season). My wife's 2004 Grand Prix with the supercharged engine gets closer to about 24-25 MPG. I tell you this, so you have a point of reference - the new car gets about 50% better gas mileage than the other cars I mentioned. I haven't hit the gas pedal too hard yet - I would describe the acceleration as adequate, but leisurely - this thing is no race car! I tend to drive much too fast...so maybe it's a good thing?

The car is new and comes from what I would call near luxury, but it's interesting that, although it has a lot of new and advanced features, I've noticed some things "missing" that I had on Cadillacs from over 10 years ago. For example, the car has memory settings for the seats and mirrors...but not for the climate control, steering wheel, and radio pre-sets (and I'm probably forgetting some other things the Cadillacs saved in memory). The steering wheel tilts and telescopes manually - not sure why - maybe to save weight and cost? But why not save settings for the other things? Not a big deal - just wondering why? Also, the key fobs are not numbered - as far as I can tell so far, the memory settings for the seats and mirrors do not depend on the RKE transmitter - you have to press a button on the seat before you get in to recall a setting. Kind of strange stuff - maybe they are going out of their way to differentiate between a Cadillac and a Buick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.