99 deville fans just stop both of them
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 99 deville fans just stop both of them in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i bought a manual ( NOT A REALLY GOOD ONE its the 99 - 05 mostly bout new ones, anyhow ...
    99cadidevilletx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 deville

99 deville fans just stop both of them

i bought a manual ( NOT A REALLY GOOD ONE its the 99 - 05 mostly bout new ones, anyhow i saw where its talking about the fans... told me it could be a replace motor problem.. im praying im not going to have to go that route! anyhow , iv been having heating problems,, the waterpump leaked 5 days ago and he says it cuz i was driving long on a bad therm, it over heats... been staying cool cuz i only drive short distances plus i constently water the radiator behind the fans, this time i did that and the top of the engine ( it was steaming ) ... anyways well i did not see the service engine light come on till i watered the radiator and the engine.. the block box in the back.. was steaming when i wet it.. well wwhen i did this turned the car on started watering more, i saw then SEARCH ENGINE, and was wondering, it never came on for the vacuume leak, or waterpump , cuz i guess the car does not recognnize, nor the therm and i know its not that... i looked were i was hosing, at the fans and the fans did not come on even at 196 F , what may this relate... im hoping not a replace motor ( ITS THE BOOK GENERAL MOTORS DEVILLE 99-05 CHILTON ) its told me that, also said i can check if to replace.

If the engine is overheating and cooling fan is not coming on when the motor electrical connector and connect the motor directly with fused jump wires . if the fan motor doesnt come on replace motors..

Well the book has shitty pics on how to do this... can also someone tell me how n good detail cuz the book is shitty. No good pics illustrations

PLEASE HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99cadidevilletx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 deville

Re: 99 deville fans just stop both of them

getting the waterpump n therm fixed this week. But want the fans done first,, i just turned 21 kinda unemployed, so did not fix it right away

89falcon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): my wife crazy, 1997 STS, 2004 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 99cadidevilletx View Post
    getting the waterpump n therm fixed this week. But want the fans done first,, i just turned 21 kinda unemployed, so did not fix it right away
    Replacing the WP and therm on the N* is a pretty easy operation.....you just need the WP tool (autozone or oreilly should have it).

What do you think the chances are that both of you fan motors went out at exactly the same time?

Get the car warmed up and turn on the AC....does a Fan turn on?

I'm willing to be it's a bad electrical connection or bad fan relay. Much more likely to be one COMMON item than two things failing at once.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

ITS THE BOOK GENERAL MOTORS DEVILLE 99-05 CHILTON
    Use that book to sop up coolant or oil on the floor or line your bird cage with (it's too stiff for toilet paper) and get a FSM by Helm Inc. Ebay is your friend.

the fans and the fans did not come on even at 196 F
    The fans do not turn on until the coolant reaches 224 degrees OR when the A/C is on.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

DO NOT EVER SPRAY OR DUMP WATER ON OR NEAR THE ENGINE !!!!! No wonder you're getting all sorts of warnings and lights !!! The "black box" in the back - ignition coil pack ??? It's now a wonder the engine even runs at all.

Your thermostat begins at 188 and is fully open at 206. The engine is SUPPOSED to run at 195 - 215. Fans do not even go to SLOW until 224 (that's NOT overheated) and FAST at 236 (that's NOT overheated). With some A/C or DEFROST function set, fans run in SLOW all the time.

DON'T EVER SPRAY A HOSE ON THE ENGINE.

Somebody had better read this guy's posts again and figure out that he has no idea of how the cooling system in his car works. Spraying cold water on a running engine in order to cool it down ??? Get serious..............He posted that the fans didn't come on at 196 - the thermostat isn't even halfway open at 196 !!! He's getting ready to dump a lot of money for nothing.

The Chilton manual is useless - you need a real GM/Helm service manual. eBay or www.helminc.com.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.