Any good Northstar shops near Maryland?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Any good Northstar shops near Maryland? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Still trying to decide whether to have my potential HG failure repaired or to junk the car and buy something ...
    Seanm57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville SLS

Any good Northstar shops near Maryland?

Still trying to decide whether to have my potential HG failure repaired or to junk the car and buy something else. Had it all of 2 months now and recently put over $1500 into it for new rims, tires, etc. I guess if I can find a good shop within a 200 mile radius, that works on lots of Northstars and an do a HG repair with timeserts or stud kit, for under $2500, I may get it fixed. Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Any good Northstar shops near Maryland?

What kind? What yr? Have you done a block test to confirm?

It's a 2000 Seville SLS. 102K miles. I did do a block test. It didn't turn yellow. It turned a sort of blue-green. Here is a link to my post that has some pictures.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-failure.html

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Didn't you receive some troubleshooting advice in the thread that showed little to no color change during the block test ??? Stop looking for gremlins and drive the car. Someone roll this into the original thread, and Seanm57 should stop looking for excuses to spend money. Your original thread title says that you came in here convinced that you might have "a potential head gasket failure"................ if that's the case, get rid of the Cadillac NOW and buy a Corolla.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

^^^says the guy who thought it was a good idea to spend a grand by ripping off a perfectly good/young stainless exhaust to let it rot in their back yard and replace it with another. I'm sure you can justify that hefty price for hanging a couple pieces of pipe under your car much more than Sean's gasket replacement, right? Good thing you are here to make recommendations on selling/keeping his car. You definitely set the example well...

Maybe you were convinced you had "a potential exhaust pipe/muffler failure"..............if that was the case, you should have gotten rid of the Cadillac.

Everyone has their reasons, I'm assuming Sean is concerned and looking to replace the HG's for peace of mind at this point. If that's the case, it's probably best he has them done. It's the only way he'll be able to enjoy the car.

Drewsdeville, yes you are correct. Peace of mind. I travel for work and put about 30,000 plus miles per year. I have to drive as far as 550 miles away from home somewhat regularly. My concern is that I don't want to end up stranded in Orangeburg, SC one day. Submariner, I started a new thread because I would like to find a good Northstar repair shop nearby. I figured if I started a thread with that as the title, it would give me a better chance of getting good feedback on that topic instead of it being buried inside some other thread. I certainly don't want a Corolla or any other car that is a chore to drive long distances. I just wanted something that would be comfortable and that I wouldn't mind piling up a bunch of miles on. This is the first time buying something this old and with close to 100k miles on it. In the past, I always bought cars that were only a couple years old with less than 25,000 miles to use for work. After 13 years of that and seeing how quickly they became worth less than what I owed, I decided to try this route.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

try to get ahold of jake when pm's get back up and running send him a PM or call find number from Northstarperformance.com jake might have some names for shops in your area

mmidyette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS, Gold with Black Int.

Seanm57,

Where do you go in Orangeburg, I've installed several systems at a lawn mower manufacturer down there over the years.

Regards,

Mark

Hey Mark. I do work at Claflin University. Their chemistry department just purchased 2 Crystal X-ray diffractometers from us. The company I work for manufactures them and I install, train, and service them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.