Anyone need a Stud Kit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Anyone need a Stud Kit? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; If anyone could use a Northstar Performance stud kit for a 00-05 N* send me a PM and we can ...
    00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Anyone need a Stud Kit?

If anyone could use a Northstar Performance stud kit for a 00-05 N* send me a PM and we can discuss the details. I no longer have any use for the kit after I decided to pull the plug on HG project due to a cracked block.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: Anyone need a Stud Kit?

yo man sorry to hear about the cracked block you sure you don't want to do it what our your plans part out or keep her for other 2 ?

looks as if you added an 04 to the line up did you just get her ?

When I was searching for a replacement engine I ran across an 04 Deville that was too good of a deal to pass up. 86K on the clock for $5,000 so after a through inspection and many WOT's and a block test I decided to cut my losses on the 2000 and pull the trigger on the 2004. The 2000 is sitting in my driveway until I decide what to do with her. She only has 89K on the clock and a perfect body... rust free southern car.... had her since she had 2,900 miles on her. It's a joke what the recyclers will give you for one so I'll either hold onto her for parts or find someone that wants to drop a new engine in her. Below is a pic of the 2000 she's riding a little high in the front because half the engine is in the trunk.

The crack that killed her...

yeah i know how much the salvage yard will give you
    im betting that they offered you 450 - 500 ?
    if the engine was good they probalby would have bumped it to 550 or 600 LOL

so are they all base models or DHS i am asuming from the hood ornament and grill that the 2000 is either base or DHS no way DTS unless you changed a few things

They are all base models.... the yard offered me $650 sight unseen over the phone. It's worth more than that in parts... I had a machine shop go over the heads before I knew of the crack.

yeah they would make that back on the transmision alone
    then they would probalby make another 6 x's that on the body parts alone shoot when i was looking for a hood they wanted 400 for a great one lol
    doors they make you know 300 a peace of of in great shape from southern cars then the interior is a hole other story you knwo they would have made about 5000-7000 atleast on those parts

A friend of mine that works as an adjuster for an insurance company once told me that the recyclers typically base the price they will pay for a car on what they can sell the one most expensive part of a car for and the rest is all gravy.

that sounds about right

i was looking at this one hood it was in great shape not a spot on it they wanted 400 for it
    from a 03 seville

if that was the most exspensive thing they could get for the car wich is wasnt then i can only imagine what els they could get for all the other parts lol

decided against it i found a shop that friend recomended they said with the color match they would gurantee with a 3 stage paint job
    375 plus taxes so im doing that

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Great looking Deville, I'd be interested if you were in Texas. How did that crack even happen???

mhamilton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 XJ8-L, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(

That's a shame, sorry to hear that... but glad you found a newer car to replace it!

Do you think that crack is the reason you had the sudden overheat/gasket failure?

Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981 View Post
    Great looking Deville, I'd be interested if you were in Texas. How did that crack even happen???
    Quote Originally Posted by mhamilton View Post
    That's a shame, sorry to hear that... but glad you found a newer car to replace it!

Do you think that crack is the reason you had the sudden overheat/gasket failure?
    It's hard say how or when exactly the crack happened... so I'd rather not speculate on something that I'm not 100% certain on. It extends from the top to the bottom of the hole into the water jacket. In my search for a "new" engine with an unknown history to put in the car I ran across the 04 that was priced too well to pass up that's when the project that turned south took a new direction. I'm liking the 04 so far... haven't found any major issues... just a few minor ones that I'm addressing to bring the car up to my standards. I've been told I'm quite anal... LOL

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

If you can wait approx. 1-2 weeks I can offer a full refund less $50 for my shipping costs- $499 refunded- if you can mail it to

Northstar Performance
    P.O. Box 2755
    Altona, MB
    R0G 0B0

Cash is a bit tight right now but after a couple vehicles are back in their owners hands I can do this. I know it's worthless having a stud kit laying around with no car to install it into. I want to be fair to people so if this refund would be ok, go ahead and send it on back.

I have never seen a block crack like that. Any ideas? The studs are still packaged so it didn't happen during installation right?

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    If you can wait approx. 1-2 weeks I can offer a full refund less $50 for my shipping costs- $499 refunded- if you can mail it to

Northstar Performance
    P.O. Box 2755
    Altona, MB
    R0G 0B0

Cash is a bit tight right now but after a couple vehicles are back in their owners hands I can do this. I know it's worthless having a stud kit laying around with no car to install it into. I want to be fair to people so if this refund would be ok, go ahead and send it on back.

I have never seen a block crack like that. Any ideas? The studs are still packaged so it didn't happen during installation right?
    I'll take you up on that Jake if I can't find another CF member that needs a 00+ stud kit in the next couple of weeks. That way you won't have to deal with the refund and I won't have to deal with customs. So if any CF board member in the US needs a kit I'll let you have it for $499 with free UPS ground shipping.

ternstes is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V8, 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2000 STS, 1999 STS

I just might be interested! I have a 2000 sts waiting in the wings after I finish my friend's 97 sts.

Quote Originally Posted by ternstes View Post
    I just might be interested! I have a 2000 sts waiting in the wings after I finish my friend's 97 sts.
    I sent you a PM with my contact info if you decide you could use it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.