Who has used studs from Northstar Performance ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Who has used studs from Northstar Performance ? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok so just thought i would start this to see how many of us Members here have have Jakes SG ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Who has used studs from Northstar Performance ?

Ok so just thought i would start this to see
    how many of us Members here have have Jakes SG Stud in our Block

also
    was it the first try for you or did you go with a timesirt or Norm sirt or hela coil first and then when it failed you realized the only true fix is not to go cheap but to go quality ?
    or where the studs not available at the time you had it done first

For me it was the second time the engine was torn down i had close to wow 20k on the Engien since my HG repair with Norm Sirts
    and then the block cracked had nothing to do with the Sirts feeling
    but block cracked

I decided im going with jakes studs the next time wich was in December and 10k now and running strong

if i get another Northstar even if the hg;s are not bad
    id probably get the stud kit the second i bought the car order one and just keep it for the chance that ill have to use it

I plan on getting another 6 years and 200k plus on the engine atleast not sure if ill have to go threw another tranny by then but im planing atleast anotherr 200k
    so lets start how many have used the studs

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

Re: How Many Of Us Have Used or Had Jakes Sure Grip Studs from Northstar Performance

Great idea Thunderpuppy (lol) give Jake's efforts a little honest feedback instead of the vengeful posts that have occurred recently from a few disgruntled customers or competitors that went way overboard with their rhetoric. It is fine to post because of a problem with Northstar Performance but keep it realistic and civil and don't go overboard to the point it is an obvious effort to destroy his hard earned reputation.

I put the studs in a replacement low mileage engine that had no head gasket problems (02 VIN Y) that I put in my 00 DHS when the head gasket let go at 280000 miles. No complaints, over 5000 miles and doing great.

vincentm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Purchased a kit, awaiting install, just finished softball practice, on my way to home to continue work on my baby.

Re: How Many Of Us Have Used or Had Jakes Sure Grip Studs from Northstar Performance

Quote Originally Posted by jimsbox View Post
    Great idea Thunderpuppy (lol) give Jake's efforts a little honest feedback instead of the vengeful posts that have occurred recently from a few disgruntled customers or competitors that went way overboard with their rhetoric. It is fine to post because of a problem with Northstar Performance but keep it realistic and civil and don't go overboard to the point it is an obvious effort to destroy his hard earned reputation.

I put the studs in a replacement low mileage engine that had no head gasket problems (02 VIN Y) that I put in my 00 DHS when the head gasket let go at 280000 miles. No complaints, over 5000 miles and doing great.
    Hahahaha very funny
    but hey its true lol naw seriously my girlfriend calls me a puppy all the time lol not sure why maybe because when we watch a movie i end up with my head on he knee sleeping lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimsbox View Post

yo als there is a poll option on here hit the poll up my man

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Fix it right first time.

Just by comparing the stud kit to the original bolts, you can definitely tell which would be stronger.

postman2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS 2000 Deville

I towed my 2000 Deville up to jake in 2009. He installed his stud kit and to date i have not had any problems. Its probably been 20,000+ miles since they were done.. I did not even consider Time Serts, They are a band aid fix for this type of repair.. With the amount of work required to do the headgaskets in these vehicles its a no brainer..use the studs and do it once the right way...

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

If anybody thinks that Jake isn't the real deal they should try and get service from AT&T or YRS freight line or FreightQuote.com. Jake is a real sweet heart for putting up with the bad press. Jake will always be my friend and is welcome in my home anytime. I have installed his studs in my new engine from the start, No problems at all, good stuff. With the mods on this engine it will be around 450HP on gas.

hey speedygman i want to see that engine up close think i cought the pics of it but im going to be down in GA in July ill be in Savanna for a week and then Atlanta for 2 weeks then back up to Ohio
    you dont happen to be on my way when i shoot north not shue where juletta is i know i passed threw it a few times but i alwasy forget where somewhere is unless i am on my way there lol

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    hey speedygman i want to see that engine up close think i cought the pics of it but im going to be down in GA in July ill be in Savanna for a week and then Atlanta for 2 weeks then back up to Ohio
    you dont happen to be on my way when i shoot north not shue where juletta is i know i passed threw it a few times but i alwasy forget where somewhere is unless i am on my way there lol
    I am 4 miles east of I75/I475 north split. 10 miles north of Macon Ga. 75 miles south of HOTATLanta, I16 is 15 miles southeast. The heads,Cams and all related parts are with CHRF, We are also getting our 58 Chevy ready to DRIVE TO OCEAN CITY MARYLAND the end of May for the BIG cruise there. I hope to have the engine back together by then,

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygman View Post
    I am 4 miles east of I75/I475 north split. 10 miles north of Macon Ga. 75 miles south of HOTATLanta, I16 is 15 miles southeast. The heads,Cams and all related parts are with CHRF, We are also getting our 58 Chevy ready to DRIVE TO OCEAN CITY MARYLAND the end of May for the BIG cruise there. I hope to have the engine back together by then,
    about when in May will you be there
    i have a Camping trip that goes from May 28th - june 5th in Darlington MD
    im staying at my uncles place in Baltimore on the 26th then hes heading out of town
    so the 27th im going to get a hotel somewhere ocean city sounds cool
    was going to stay in the Baltimore and DC area somewhere but maybe ill be able to take a look at the 58 if your going to be out there around then

and also could see about staying at a friends place over near Bethany beach not far from ocean city

andreboy10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Fleetwood Limited

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Purchased a kit, awaiting install, just finished softball practice, on my way to home to continue work on my baby.
    Can you tell me how it turned out with you using the sure grip studs? And where did you take it to get done? WHat did it cost?

CadillacLuke24 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Not sure how Vincentm's repair turned out, but generally speaking Studding the block is right in the ballpark of $2,000. I believe there's a gentleman named Mike in KY that will come to your house and fix it for ya.
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Mike Lawson - Louisville Ky.
    Phone 502 509 2234

CadillacLuke24 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

There we go. Thank you Ranger

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.