Who has used studs from Northstar Performance ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Who has used studs from Northstar Performance ? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Didn't I read sometime back the mike only does sirts ?...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    Didn't I read sometime back the mike only does sirts ?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: How Many Of Us Have Used or Had Jakes Sure Grip Studs from Northstar Performance

I think he does it with the engine in the car, so that would preclude him from using studs.

neo126 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 STS, 2007 Escalade

Re: How Many Of Us Have Used or Had Jakes Sure Grip Studs from Northstar Performance

Bought the studs got half the block done so far they are awsome. You can tell the difference but you gotta be careful with putting the studs in the block you shouldn't have to torque them into the block. If you encounter a lot of resistance go back and make sure the threads and hole are clean. I made the mistake of torqing the stud into the block and if the nut goes to far on the stud it will strip the top. Sometimes you gotta break something to learn how to do it right.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Actually, tightening studs down into the newly threaded block bolt hole is a very, very good way to crack a Northstar block. A little Loktite thread locker and finger tight is all it takes. The fine threaded nuts do the torque work, not the lower stud threads.

nascartamike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC

Does anyone know someone that will install a stud kit in my 2002 Eldorado? The car is with my parents in East Texas. I'm in the US Army stationed in Korea. I'd like the car ready to go when I get back to the States.
    97EldoCoupe and 97EldoCoupe like this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

If no one has a shop idea in the lower midwest - You're gonna think I'm crazy, but your best bet might be to set up the car for a truck delivery to Joe Blau (Midwest Cadillac Repair) in Palatine, Illinois about a month before you rotate back Stateside.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Re: How many of us have used studs from Northstar Performance ?

North Texas Performance, Dallas Texas. www.northtexasperformance.com

----------

And Joe @ Midwest does good work too as Jim had mentioned. Believe me a good mechanic is for sure worth the travel time and cost (it saves in the long run)

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

stssteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Crimson STS now sold/ 2008 cts 1SB Black Raven 3.6DI

I am one of Jake's original customers from Ontario. He studded my 98 STS at 118K mi several years ago and I recently sold the car with 200K mi + last August. The car was running like new without any coolant loss or overheating at all. The repair exceeded my expectations allowing me get get several extra years out of a car that I absolutely loved. When the issue occurred, I was frustrated at GM that they could build a product that I felt was disposable basically in my mind. The dealership highballed me and likely hoped that I'd give up the car for next to nothing while buying another. Well, I'm still a Caddy owner because their product is just that nice to me and Jake made the reapir for much less with a better solution. I would recommend Jake everyday of the week and do to any Caddy owner I know. He knows these cars inside and out. He really cares about his customers too. Jake has an innovative mind and just an overall appreciation for Cadillacs that is hard to find. He clearly went over and above any expectations I had.

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

I do.

IXSLR8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

By the way, I've logged about 20K on my 1996 N* with Norms inserts and ARP Volkswagen studs. No problems.
    Did a second 1995 N* the same way with with 5K logged. No problems yet on it.

Caddydrummer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '01 ETC 49,000 miles 2002 F55 STS 63,000 miles

I put NSP studs in both my '97 ETC, and '02 STS. Joe did the Eldo, and Jake did the STS. No problems with either.
    As I've said before, Jake is awesome to work with. Joe was also very professional and good to work with as well. Both accomodated my shedule, helped me with transportation and delivered as promised. I would highly recommend Jake's product and either of these guys to install them.

The one thing the studs can't do is prevent a drunk driver from totalling your parked Eldo in the middle of the night.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.