Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; what size place are you in need of? there's a few industrial park type areas surrounding the airport in town ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

what size place are you in need of? there's a few industrial park type areas surrounding the airport in town here (my roomate rented one a few years back for his cabinet business... fairly cheap but might be too small for you)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

chris I'm in 4032 sq. ft. here in Manitoba. I have about 5000 sq. ft. in Ontario still. I'd hate to move into less but I think I could make do with less. What price do you know?

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/off/2428541425.html
    my roomates place was in one of these units - totally open though... no interior walls... same size unit though (i think)

so it's 2000sqft for $1000 i guess

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...LinkCode=20280
    there's another in the same office park... 3000sqft for $1500 ...

just around the corner from that spot is this property
    http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...LinkCode=20280
    four different spaces... you'll probably only want the smaller 'space 4' with 5,000 sqft for around $2000/mo
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

All up and down I-95, in small towns nearby but bypassed by the highway, there are dozens of large and small car dealership properties for sale or lease, as well as 4 to 8 thousand square foot small business buildings, both single and in strip malls.

The Carolinas and Georgia - maybe Southern Virginia - would be more business and tax friendly than Maryland. Maryland is a tax&spend cesspool. Keep out !!

Go online and Google stuff like business tax, property tax, business atmosphere.....and consider that lower VA, NC, SC, and GA are not only well serviced by highways and express shippers, they are also the hotbeds of NASCAR. Laugh if you want, but the "good ol' boys" atmosphere still carries a LOT of weight in the automotive fields.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    chris I'm in 4032 sq. ft. here in Manitoba. I have about 5000 sq. ft. in Ontario still. I'd hate to move into less but I think I could make do with less. What price do you know?
    What about properites here in SE Washington. Properties are low here, and there's alot of eldo and other caddy owners here just in the tri cities.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my Northstar powered phone

i'm pretty sure that the property listed in post #73 was a former GM dealership

92Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

How about Salt Lake City, Utah. I will be your first customer

mmidyette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS, Gold with Black Int.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i'm pretty sure that the property listed in post #73 was a former GM dealership
    Chris,

I believe it started out as a new Ford dealership. When they closed, our local GM dealer moved to that location. They were bought out by a bigger dealer who later, also, closed it. It has been empty for, what seems like, at least a year.

yeah, the name sounded familiar and the way the name was on the building just made me think GM dealer

tigers2007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 STS AWD V6, '99 Deville

Jake remember to file for either a E-2 or L-1A visa with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You probably just can't show up to the border with a truckload of tools and say, "Hey I'm coming here to open up a business and work here" since you are a foreign national -- its illegal to work in the US without status. Granted, the fact that you want to invest money in the USA and probably employ US citizens should help your case with USCIS. As far as the border patrol, you should have your ducks lined up in a row BEFORE crossing in (i.e. have authorization from USCIS to move your crap in here and also a commercial entry for your tools). If you get an immigration lawyer, expect to pay several thousand; probably in excess of $10k to $20k. Try to see if you can file the forms yourself. Many things are "self service" with USCIS. Still consider their fees, for instance, to file an I-829 it is $3750 USD plus $85 per person LOL! Money talks with USCIS; if you are a major investor in US commerce, then they seem to put you ahead of others waiting in line for that sweet smelling green card.

dvo816 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 STS (Z-Rated & studded)

I just received my rebuilt motor! I had to wait a lil bit longer than expected but it was well worth it. Thank you so much Jake, it was a pleasure meeting you and your father. Too bad you had to leave so soon cuz I definitely would have bought some beers! I'll let you know how she runs when the shop gets it done. Take care buddy

Hogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1998 STS

Quote Originally Posted by tigers2007 View Post
    Jake remember to file for either a E-2 or L-1A visa with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You probably just can't show up to the border with a truckload of tools and say, "Hey I'm coming here to open up a business and work here" since you are a foreign national -- its illegal to work in the US without status. Granted, the fact that you want to invest money in the USA and probably employ US citizens should help your case with USCIS. As far as the border patrol, you should have your ducks lined up in a row BEFORE crossing in (i.e. have authorization from USCIS to move your crap in here and also a commercial entry for your tools). If you get an immigration lawyer, expect to pay several thousand; probably in excess of $10k to $20k. Try to see if you can file the forms yourself. Many things are "self service" with USCIS. Still consider their fees, for instance, to file an I-829 it is $3750 USD plus $85 per person LOL! Money talks with USCIS; if you are a major investor in US commerce, then they seem to put you ahead of others waiting in line for that sweet smelling green card.
    I would tend to agree, except for the "sweet smelling" part, but I'm sure it is a lot sweeter than 95% of the world.

USCIS is giving green cards away to Canadians with the "right" stuff. If you have can provide any essential service the prcess is greatly expedited.

If you want to be a US Navy SEAL, you have to renounce your Canadian citizenship and become 100% American, no dual citizenships allowed. There is no way I would renounce my Canadian status.

peace
    Hog

I'm still trying to figure all of this out. All I know is that I used to be doing so much better financially just doing the vehicle repairs.

I am getting a lot of threats of infringement on the patent pending repair products/process I developed and I will do whatever it takes to protect this. I look forward to updating everyone on this site within the next 30 days regarding a new U.S. shipping location. This location will be staffed with a receptionist who will take orders and assist me. Eventually a shop will open in the USA as well.

I will help Northstar owners as long as they support me. I'm going through a rough time right now with a few things- but I will deliver as promised and stick around to help Cadillac owners.

The new location will be revealed soon and ship times for stud kits will be cut down substancially. All shops doing installs for stud kits will be required to write down vehicle serial #s and owners of these vehicles must fill out a form with us to either get extended warranty or a mail-in-rebate. This step will be taken because of the high level of infringement threats and the fact that I believe at least two-three shops have begun to produce their own studs. I cannot stand behind something my shop did not produce. Stud kits will soon have sequencial serial numbers engraved.

I will update everyone soon. Thank you.
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

wow, it's getting ugly fast...

How so?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.