Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i bought your stud kit also i had to wait 1 month for it but it was worth it motor ...
    johnnyjaws is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 cadillac deville

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

i bought your stud kit also i had to wait 1 month for it but it was worth it motor runs great .ill be grtting more stud bolts nut & washers from you because im now doing northstar repair my shop is Rust 2 RICHES Restoration. in Newburgh NY e mail johnnyjaws@verizon.net 845 542 3788 ask 4 john.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 99 Deville, 04 GXP, 06 DTS, 05 SRX, 2010 Sierra SLT

Johnny those delays will be over soon. I can't apologize enough to my customers for the delays but I've come to an impass- either the studs are produced in my own shop or they are going to be taken off the market. I can't deal with supplier issues anymore- costs so high to produce it almost makes the stud kits unprofitable and the ship issues with UPS further reduces profit margin. I was doing better when I was completely focused on the vehicle repairs rather than the stud kits.

90% ready to mass produce these studs in our own shop. Enough pre-hardened steel was delivered yesterday to produce 1000 of these (50 engines worth). The turning head is the last missing piece.

Nevertheless, I started this, I did the patent applications on this and in pending status, I plan on seeing this through.

Please understand everyone I am doing my very best including two forum members who have ordered engines from me. One is scheduled for a delivery this weekend and the other one is being built.

A U.S. shop/shipping location seems to be the only way to keep this business alive and running smooth so you may see another post very soon regarding a new U.S. shop. I almost bought a shop in Illinois on very nice payment terms but that didn't pan out.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

Jake, Best of luck with opening a shop in the USA.

Thanks Grady, it looks like an incredibly expensive venture but it appears it's the only way to go. Would you like a new neighbor? I'll buy the beer and steak if you supply the barbecue

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I almost bought a shop in Illinois
    No kidding? Where?

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

There is a place waiting on you to lease or buy in BolingBroke Ga. Located I75/I16/I475 65 miles south of the Atlanta Air Port, we got the food covered, no problem.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I'd like to take this time to nominate Wilmington, NC ... we have beer and BBQ also!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

I'll throw in my hat for Tri-Cities WA, hot summers, just gotta watch the black ice in the winter

epetrillo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville SLS

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Please understand everyone I am doing my very best including two forum members who have ordered engines from me. One is scheduled for a delivery this weekend and the other one is being built.
    Any chance that the one scheduled for delivery this weekend is mine?

Emilio

dvo816 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 STS (Z-Rated & studded)

Im pretty sure that engine delivery was going to be mine, however i guess there are problems with Customs.

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Johnny those delays will be over soon. I can't apologize enough to my customers for the delays but I've come to an impass- either the studs are produced in my own shop or they are going to be taken off the market. I can't deal with supplier issues anymore- costs so high to produce it almost makes the stud kits unprofitable and the ship issues with UPS further reduces profit margin. I was doing better when I was completely focused on the vehicle repairs rather than the stud kits.

90% ready to mass produce these studs in our own shop. Enough pre-hardened steel was delivered yesterday to produce 1000 of these (50 engines worth). The turning head is the last missing piece.

Nevertheless, I started this, I did the patent applications on this and in pending status, I plan on seeing this through.

A U.S. shop/shipping location seems to be the only way to keep this business alive and running smooth so you may see another post very soon regarding a new U.S. shop. I almost bought a shop in Illinois on very nice payment terms but that didn't pan out.
    SHOP IN THE U.S.? WHEN? HOW SOON?

WHAT'S THE STORE HOURS?
    HOW DO I GET THERE?
    IS IT READY JAKE?

I feel it will happen for you Jake. Just hang in there.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

LOL, I can here those questions asked all day.......

Ranger, this was very close to Champaign, Illinois in a small town. Super low taxes and an apartment attatched (low overhead).

dvo816 and epetrillo:

dvo816 ordered first and the minute I have clearance I'm delivering it personally to Devin. This will be quicker than freight.

Epetrillo- yours is in the build process. I expect to be shipping it by the 16th of June. Heads are done, they're travelling wth me through Missouri to Ontario Canada where the bottom end is waiting. Remember the cracked blocks I've encountered? I'm fresh out of blocks and have three good ones sitting at the Ontario shop. I am barely sleeping anymore, the most time I've taken off was this past hour or so on the Caddy Forums. I have to stay on top of things here sometimes too.

I thank you both for your patience, I know it is unacceptable, I am doing what I can to speed everything up. I hope to build a few engines soon to have them sitting on the shelf, ready for shipping when an order comes in. For right now it's build-to-order.

mmidyette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS, Gold with Black Int.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    I'd like to take this time to nominate Wilmington, NC ... we have beer and BBQ also!
    I second that motion. NC is on I-95 centrally located along the East Coast. People from New England to Florida have access without having to pass any major hills, unless they have to navigate the Smokey Mountains.

And, its a heck of a lot closer for me

This may be well out of your price range, http://www.hilton-realty.com/18610-f...thtown-595000/

Oh yeah definitely out of my price range but that is a very nice commerical property. My home and shop here in Southern Manitoba was only about half that, on 7 acres. But prime locations also mean prime $$$$. I can't swing a mortgage that high right now, but maybe in a few years.

Please keep the suggestions coming, I have to rent a shop to apply for the work VISA- so that's step #1. I can't rent anything until I have a location selected. Illinois was a pretty decent decision I thought but at the same time, I don't want to be in competition with Midwest Cadillac Repair either.

I have two states in mind that seem to really have potential, TX and FL. MI and NY are the next two so far on my thoughts list. But NC wouldn't be a bad choice at all....

JoeTahoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GMC SLT,Tahoe, Malibu LTZ, 99 STS studded with NP

New York I need a cadillac buddy!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.