Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; the policy w/ the keycodes is a GM policy ... started around 2006 just before it went into effect the ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

the policy w/ the keycodes is a GM policy ... started around 2006

just before it went into effect the local news team went around to all the dealers trying to get keys cut for cars they didn't own in a sort of sting operation

one of the dealers got busted big time but most of the others at least wanted some sort of proof

we do get a lot of people frustrated about the hassle (they're already upset since they're in the position of having to get a key cut by code)
    but also lots of people thank us and understand that it really is good for the safety of their car
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

id also think with GM that would not be a big problem lock outs or lost keys
    can't Onstar start a car for someone if they don't have there key ?
    or is it they can let you in the car to get your spare key i forget but i thout they could start it but maybe i was thinking another car brand hmm

yeah good saftey procedures for gm to take
    you know right now
    not going to say it on the board but ill say one of the 3 cadillac dealers in the NE Ohio area
    won't ask for any proof of anyting so if they did a string today atleast 1 of them would get busted and its one that is only a half mile from my house lol

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Jake, take a breather and don't get so stressed out. You are providing and invaluable service for this community and I think everyone realizes that. Of course you will get some sh*t for faulty product whether it's your fault or not but it's all part of the game. Nothing ever goes as planned but you got to hang in there and do what you do best. Nothing but respect for you bro.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Thank you Destroyer! If I'm ever in FL can I possibly look you up and see your collection of fine vehicles? Also I am under the impression that you have warehouse space- any square footage for rent? Part of the USA visa application requires that I have a facility secured already.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Thank you Destroyer! If I'm ever in FL can I possibly look you up and see your collection of fine vehicles? Also I am under the impression that you have warehouse space- any square footage for rent? Part of the USA visa application requires that I have a facility secured already.
    I don't own any warehouses Jake but I do rent some and could probably find you something. I own houses and apartments as rentals. My business has come down a bit. I had over 16,000 sq feet of space, now down to 4k. Sucks.

I just made a quick trip to North Texas. I met Tony at North Texas Performance and came up through Terre Haute, Indiana and met BJ over at Fuson Cadillac.

The Florida trip might take a bit longer. I'm fighting with trying to cash a large check I picked up from the company who builds the remanufactured Northstars for General Motors. Banks between the USA and Canada do not communicate so well. I'm stuck with a 5 figure check that I cannot do anything with for 30 days because of "We hold U.S. checks for 30 days in case of fraud" -

This was payment toward my suppliers and now I'm stuck yet again. Whatever happened to banks making phone calls to verify funds, or even trust for that matter? Every day a new fight about something.

PonyboyT - if you read this, the company that built the engine in your STS, is now studding all of their Northstars. They were having too many crack during assembly (before even leaving their shop) so they gave up building Northstars for a while. They showed me through their operation on Monday and it is HUGE

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

Jake,
    At the junction of I75/I475/I16 in Middle Georgia, Bolingbroke to be exact 1000 feet from entrance both north and south, south of Atlanta airport 45 miles, good weather year round, except for occasional tornado, there are some new warehouse type buildings with adjoining paint and body shop high end type, muscle car sales warehouse, custom motorcycle warehouse, light industrial no problem for 3 phase power, all utilities, etc great place to ship from.Tommy Campbell Collision Center
    6209 US Highway 41 SMacon, GA 31210, (478) 994-2134 contact owner. Cheap rent in this area and labor rates.
    Grady

Bucketokarma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville Touring Sedan

@97eldocoupe: I tried to PM you but I do not have the post count required to be able to PM yet. I did post my question in the forum though.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketokarma View Post
    I do not have the post count required to be able to PM yet.
    i think it's only ten posts required to get PM privileges ... you're only two away....
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i think it's only ten posts required to get PM privileges ... you're only two away....
    now hes down to just 1 away

Bucketokarma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville Touring Sedan

Lol... thanks. I guess I might be able to now that I put up the post that included my PM anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketokarma View Post
    Lol... thanks. I guess I might be able to now that I put up the post that included my PM anyway.
    yoooo you r up to 13 your on your way to being a post whore LOL

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

I just made a quick trip to North Texas. I met Tony at North Texas Performance and came up through Terre Haute, Indiana and met BJ over at Fuson Cadillac.

The Florida trip might take a bit longer. I'm fighting with trying to cash a large check I picked up from the company who builds the remanufactured Northstars for General Motors. Banks between the USA and Canada do not communicate so well. I'm stuck with a 5 figure check that I cannot do anything with for 30 days because of "We hold U.S. checks for 30 days in case of fraud" -

This was payment toward my suppliers and now I'm stuck yet again. Whatever happened to banks making phone calls to verify funds, or even trust for that matter? Every day a new fight about something.

PonyboyT - if you read this, the company that built the engine in your STS, is now studding all of their Northstars. They were having too many crack during assembly (before even leaving their shop) so they gave up building Northstars for a while. They showed me through their operation on Monday and it is HUGE
    i finaly have a 2 post hoist

Both engines made by "that company" are coming out this week. The one manufactured Nov-01 is mostly ready to be unbolted (from my pearl 97... sad to see her go, but shes done). The other, in my 98 that shattered a piston, will come out a bit later. Ill be looking hard for cracks, but my 97 ran great when i fired it up last week. Actualy... it ran amazing, no leaks and quiet as hell up front.

Update. I haven't been on here much lately. After a week of the flu and a stud shortage I find things are incredibly hectic.

Since I made the first studs on a 1950's era Atlas Lathe, things have come a long way. We're back into stud production now, production stud #1 came off the lathe for the first time yesterday. Rolled threads on both ends, high grade chromoly steel, threads smooth as silk. One drawback - production time. The diameter reduction is taking the most time up right now so there's one set of tools left that I'm still waiting for $9500 worth of German engineered cutting tools to come in. Apparently I will be able to reduce diameters at speeds up to 300 feet per minute. I doubt it but even a tenth of that would do wonders.

The stud shortage continues, I have a couple orders going out tomorrow but I expect 50 sets of studs to arrive in a few days.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding- things are developing quickly (but never soon enough). The stud produced yesterday is shiny, smooth, threads into the block with two fingers. Hardness is coming in at the right number on the Rockwell scale. This beats everything any other company has ever produced for me.

I expect the shortages and difficulties to end very, very soon now. A new office is under contruction for the new receptionist that's being hired. The USA shipping location/shop project is on a temporary halt until everythings up and running with stud production. Focus is all on priority #1 right now - make sure I can supply everyone with the best quality product, on time.

Special guages, measuring tools, and some test equipment is being built to keep quality standards high and to make sure nobody ever has an issue with a stud kit. As soon as that tooling comes in we're 100% up and running again and we will have plenty of stock on the shelf to ensure same day shipping.

Thank you all, Sub, Ranger, JoeTahoe, everybody for all of your help and continued support. Thank you.

89falcon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): my wife crazy, 1997 STS, 2004 CTS

Update. I haven't been on here much lately. After a week of the flu and a stud shortage I find things are incredibly hectic.

Since I made the first studs on a 1950's era Atlas Lathe, things have come a long way. We're back into stud production now, production stud #1 came off the lathe for the first time yesterday. Rolled threads on both ends, high grade chromoly steel, threads smooth as silk. One drawback - production time. The diameter reduction is taking the most time up right now so there's one set of tools left that I'm still waiting for $9500 worth of German engineered cutting tools to come in. Apparently I will be able to reduce diameters at speeds up to 300 feet per minute. I doubt it but even a tenth of that would do wonders.

The stud shortage continues, I have a couple orders going out tomorrow but I expect 50 sets of studs to arrive in a few days.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding- things are developing quickly (but never soon enough). The stud produced yesterday is shiny, smooth, threads into the block with two fingers. Hardness is coming in at the right number on the Rockwell scale. This beats everything any other company has ever produced for me.

I expect the shortages and difficulties to end very, very soon now. A new office is under contruction for the new receptionist that's being hired. The USA shipping location/shop project is on a temporary halt until everythings up and running with stud production. Focus is all on priority #1 right now - make sure I can supply everyone with the best quality product, on time.

Special guages, measuring tools, and some test equipment is being built to keep quality standards high and to make sure nobody ever has an issue with a stud kit. As soon as that tooling comes in we're 100% up and running again and we will have plenty of stock on the shelf to ensure same day shipping.

Thank you all, Sub, Ranger, JoeTahoe, everybody for all of your help and continued support. Thank you.
    I know you're busy, but I've got a really quick Q.....
    are the N* heads "beefy" enough to drill to accept larger diameter bolts/studs?....ie could you drill the holes to accept maybe a 13mm std vs an 11mm one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.