Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by submariner409 I don't want to cast stones, but I believe that UPS and the American/Canadian border regulations ...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    I don't want to cast stones, but I believe that UPS and the American/Canadian border regulations are partly to blame for Jake's shipping problems. Not the whole problem, but a fair-sized chunk of the pie.
    We don't ship to Canada for very similar (if not the same) reasons. Management here has basically said that it's not worth our time and effort to deal with customs and brokerage firms for only a small markup that we make on the forum parts sales.

That plus UPS burned us once by sending the brokerage fee invoice a week later after we had already charged the customer what we assumed had the brokerage fees included.

Luckily the Canadians that I have dealt with were near enough to the border that they can pickup their parts on the US side at a MailBoxesETC type place.

My apologies to the Canadians that I haven't been able to help though.

---

Jake, the boss said we can give a couple more percentage points on orders above $500 (which would be about 15 rear main seals or more)... just fyi.

That's not just for Jake folks, that's for everyone... and over $1500 a bit more of a discount even.

So basically orders under $500 are at employee pricing... between $500 and $1500 are 5% less and over $1500 are another 5% less!!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Yup I am based in the wrong country. Chris when I move into the USA we will very likely be doing a LOT of business. $1500 worth of rear main seals may be on order soon. List is $94 each in Canada. I pay $75 in MB and $64 in ON with my discounts.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    We don't ship to Canada for very similar (if not the same) reasons. Management here has basically said that it's not worth our time and effort to deal with customs and brokerage firms for only a small markup that we make on the forum parts sales.

That plus UPS burned us once by sending the brokerage fee invoice a week later after we had already charged the customer what we assumed had the brokerage fees included.

Luckily the Canadians that I have dealt with were near enough to the border that they can pickup their parts on the US side at a MailBoxesETC type place.

My apologies to the Canadians that I haven't been able to help though.

---

Jake, the boss said we can give a couple more percentage points on orders above $500 (which would be about 15 rear main seals or more)... just fyi.

That's not just for Jake folks, that's for everyone... and over $1500 a bit more of a discount even.

So basically orders under $500 are at employee pricing... between $500 and $1500 are 5% less and over $1500 are another 5% less!!
    Chris are you saying just for the rea main seals or is this for all products that you sell in your parts deparment ?

all forum parts sales... i should have said "not just for jake and not just for the seals" i guess
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

all forum parts sales... i should have said "not just for jake and not just for the seals" i guess
    ah ok cool
    so when i get the struts ill get them for 5 or 10 percent less then employee pricing if i am understanding this correctly
    or am i still lost here lol

yeah those prices i was quoting you before were the correct prices, i believe... i can double check for you if you want (just send me your VIN again)

yeah those prices i was quoting you before were the correct prices, i believe... i can double check for you if you want (just send me your VIN again)
    ok cool i gota get into the safe for the paper work with the vin on it so ill get that in a day or 2 just so we can double check

The VIN is on the car in about 100 different places (two very easy to get to - driver's door edge sticker and the corner of the windshield plate)

or your registration ... or your insurance info (like those little wallet sized cards)

worst case scenario you start chopping the car up with torches/cutting wheels/sawzall until you find a piece of of the body or frame with the VIN stamped into it

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

worst case scenario you start chopping the car up with torches/cutting wheels/sawzall until you find a piece of of the body or frame with the VIN stamped into it
    I'll give you hand with that pup.

The VIN is on the car in about 100 different places (two very easy to get to - driver's door edge sticker and the corner of the windshield plate)

or your registration ... or your insurance info (like those little wallet sized cards)

yeah but that would be 2 dammm easy to find it that way lol
    and my INS card stays in my car never take it out
    and welll i was to sick to go outside and check

now im not sick anymore and still to lazy to walk out with a pad and pen to wrigh ti tdown lol

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Deville View Post
    I'll give you hand with that pup.
    yeah shure only if im getting ready to call the INS after and not talkign about imogration all thought there is a few id like to call them on lol

it's a good idea to keep the ins. card in your wallet actually

that way you will have at least one form of 'proof of ownership' if you lock your keys in you car or lose your keys

you will need one of the three forms of 'proof of ownership' along with a govt issued photo ID to get a key cut at a dealer using GM's master keycode file (the keycode the car was built with at the factory)
    those three forms 'proof of ownership' are:
    1. title
    2. registration
    3. insurance
    the name and address listed on the 'proof of ownership' must match your info on your ID
    as long as that all checks out any GM dealer can look up your keycode
    (we only get 5 keycode requests per day though)

so...
    1. don't be so lazy
    2. keep your insurance card in your wallet

end thread-jack

ill keep that in mind

i don't have problems with looseing keys i have 3 keys for the car plus i have the master key that has no chip i keep that outisde in a hide away key thing so if i ever get locked out i don't have to worry but i also keep 2 keys on me
    a friend who owns a used car lot his father tought me when i was younger always keep 2 keys to every car you drive on you incase you loose your keys you always have a loose key in your pocket
    i use a
    bobby pin and clip it into the bottom of one of my pants pockets incase anything ever happens

the dealers near me must be breaking laws ruels or something
    cause they never ask for proofe when going to cut a key
    my dad has gone in twice to have his key cut ones for the lincoln and ones for the jeep
    i don't think he ever had to show any proofe of owner ship for them to get the key code and cut it so they probably don't care about that stuff here you would be suprised what dealers in thsi area would do

Hey Chris just tried to send you a PM with a part number i needed
    your Inbox is full

iv got the part number just wanted a price was going to call up on Friday or Monday with credit card info and all unless you are able to use the info still on file from last purchase ?

here is the part number
    had the price stored in my PM box but cleared it out by acident a few weeks ago

GM Part Number 25693996

yeah i just cleared my in/out boxes ... check your PMs Pup

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.