Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; +1 on the video, would love to see a newly birthed stud from NP...
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

+1 on the video, would love to see a newly birthed stud from NP

AoD
    AoD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS

Kick its ass Jake!!

I just placed an order for a kit, plus a semi-solid mount. Give me a call when ya can!

WOOT! I'm gettin excited.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

I will post a video as soon as I can. It's a busy weekend, I owe a few ppl their cars back in Ontario, have to issue a couple ppl refunds tomorrow, and hit the road asap.

Late weekend update: 17 stud kit fixture plates are currently being manufactured along with the special bolts that hold it down. The difference? These are getting hardened steel inserts for drilling and tapping. The inserts were machined last night and this morning, with a very tight tolerance for the drill and tap. The grade of steel is that of which drill bits are made from. What this means? More accurate drilling and tapping, less wear on the plate (much less), and less (if any) need to bend or flex studs once they are installed, to slide the head over.

The inserts are spot welded in place and if need be, after 10 engines, 20 engines, 30, etc., the inserts can be re-orded from me and the spot welds drilled/ground out- and the fixture plate will be like new again.

This is just one of the improvements scheduled for the stud kits. I am not leaving anyone behind, I know PonyboyT, two engine customers, some car customers, etc- all need to be taken care of as my customers- believe me you will be- the CNC is allowing me to catch up quickly and produce better parts, and it doesn't ALWAYS require my full attention:

As soon as I get back to Manitoba and things settle down a bit long enough that I can take care of human resources, there will be more people on staff here and a full time receptionist.

SpeedyGMan and Tim, bottom end studs are coming up too

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Sweet!

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

Jake,
    I think that you work to much and I am looking forward for the bottom end stud kit.

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Red Corvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 sts

Jake, with the studs you picked up last week do you have enough stock now to fill new orders? Thanks

Any updates Jake?

aj06bolt12r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): head studded 97 deville

Jake, I purchaesd a stud kit from you almost a year ago for a 97 deville. I clearly got one of the plates that was machined wrong. My brother and I were still able to make it work on the engine in question by simply useing only one hold down bolt when necessary and using a dowl pin to get the hole in the jig lined up with the bolt hole in the block before tightening down the jig. We also had to modify the jig to do this, but in the end it all worked out, no head gasket issues on the car in question since and the car had been from tennessee to Pa and back and from tennessee to florida and back twice, as well as local commuting duties. Simply put the head studs work wonders one way or another... However I would love to have the updated correct jig sent to me if that offer is still on the plate, what do I need to do in order to get one?

dan3or6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

It is too bad that some professional shop would not take on this stud kit and manufacture it for everyone. It is clear that Jake has the right idea about the studs but very very unprofessional in manufacturing or customer support.I attempted several times to buy from him last year and could not get a email from him to even order a kit. Many of you have had good luck with him and that is good. I just wish some big company would manufacture this and people would get good support then.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by dan3or6 View Post
    It is too bad that some professional shop would not take on this stud kit and manufacture it for everyone. It is clear that Jake has the right idea about the studs but very very unprofessional in manufacturing or customer support.I attempted several times to buy from him last year and could not get a email from him to even order a kit. Many of you have had good luck with him and that is good. I just wish some big company would manufacture this and people would get good support then.
    what don't you get about patent pending
    no one can make this same stud without getting drage threw dirt and court

yeah they and try and fabricate it and change it a little bit but they wont have jakes stud

Quote Originally Posted by dan3or6 View Post
    I`ve said it before and I'll say it again. I wish I had $100,000 lying around to buy all new machinery, have staff ready to take calls 24/7, and had 10 locations to ship from within the USA. I'm working with what I have. Everyone- EVERYONE who has a bit of patience with me through this rough patch and can appreciate what I've gone through to develop, produce, and manufacture these kits, will get one. Wait, make that $200,000. A new CNC turning center like the one I have now is $160,000.00. Chump change, right?!!

Any large company that comes up to me with a reasonable offer can buy the rights from me to produce and market the studs. But I have a love for these cars and engines that not many corporate bean-counters will have-

Patience please.

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

Don't get discouraged - keep the faith, Jake!

Thanks Tateos!!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!

The CNC is up and running again. It's now 70 degrees in my shop (not the big one, the small one) and I just picked up the 15 lbs. worth of manuals (5 binders) this afternoon in North Dakota with my Eldorado (which by the way is finished, engine running like a clock, no blue smoke, no oil consumption that I know of, will have to check after my trip this weekend).

I know I have a lot of explaining to do to a lot of my customers, like "why I finished my own car when customers are waiting" and such.... I needed to prove something to myself, that my work is still top notch. That ETC runs so beautifully, not even a puff of blue smoke from the oil soaked, freshly honed cylinder walls. And my truck now needs $2k worth of parts and tires combined, and fuel consumption of that beast is not helping the finances any. I'm getting 25.6 MPG with the ETC. Everything works in it, no codes at all.

With these new manuals, a working CNC turning center, a bit more working capital, a climate controlled work area (heated, and A/C in the summer) we're (myself, my family, my employee(s)) going to be working around the clock if need be to provide what is necessary to fix these Northstars correctly.

I can't quite get over the fact that the CNC is running again. So happy- the on-board-diagnostics work just like a Caddy- you just have to have the manuals to decipher the codes and meanings- a Caddy has probably like 5% of the total diagnostics that this machine does.

I'll keep everyone posted, and happy New Year!!!
    JoeTahoe and JoeTahoe like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.