Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Jake, if I order your studs when would you be able to ship them? Thanks...
    Red Corvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 sts

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

Jake, if I order your studs when would you be able to ship them? Thanks

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

I am not sure. I am going to call the shop in the morning that is supposed to have 100 sets ready for me. They are 3 weeks behind and my Miyano CNC turning center blew a resistor on one of the circuit boards yesterday.

The studs should be in stock anytime again soon. I will keep people posted, please note I am doing all that I can.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGripô Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Speed_Pigeon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac DeVille, Boat Anchor Edition

not for nothing, i used one of jake's kits about 10 months ago... it was perfect and spot on. 13k miles since the install and she purs like a kitten. shit happens and mistakes are made. thatís life. the product and service i received from jake was top notch and i would not hesitate to do business again if the need arose. as for my experience; A+ on all accounts.
    JoeTahoe and JoeTahoe like this.

Thank you Speed_Pigeon - I appreciate feedback like this-

Doing some reasearch onto my CNC issues, apparently I had purchased a very good machine - the Miyano is supposed to be the Cadillac of CNC turning centers, and a new one like what I have now is a whopping $160,000.00. So I have decided, no matter what it takes, I am going to repair the machine I have now and use it for what it was designed for- making quality parts with tolerance in the fourth decimal place.

I called my parts supplier again this morning, no studs until Thursday- now we're four weeks behind. What a piss off. And my machine is down. I will correct these issues. I will correct them as quickly as possible-

in the mean time, if my customers cannot wait for my announcement that studs are in stock, I fully understand if you have to find some other method of fixing your Northstar. But my promise to all is to supply the demand for the most bulletproof repair method available- as quickly as possible- you all have my word on that- If you can, please wait and I will be more than happy to assist you and sell the stud kit to you-

Thank you-

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

Jake,
    I have all the faith in your business and as a person. Hang in there you will whip this little problem sooner than latter. I am prepared to wait for my block main stud kit until the cows come home when ever that is?????

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    I wish you the best of luck Jake, I can wait for the engine quote, you've alot on your plate these days, I understamd the pressure you're under.

Right now I'm doing everything I can to supply the demand and I am losing business to Norm and Timesert.

The replacement part for the CNC is approx. $3000 and they can fly it in to me same day.

I wish GM Repair Center would pay me the $750 they owe me right now. I keep getting excuses from him and I am not in the position to issue credit, I am on the verge of issuing refunds actually -

I will see this through and those who have the patience will receive everything ordered, Tim, if you get this message, Grady, if I get the CNC going, those bottom end studs will be going out to you at no cost except shipping.
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

eyekantbeme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Jeremy- I have not forgotten you, we will reverse the funds Monday-

AoD - I can't do anything until Monday but rest assured, either Saturday or Monday you will be getting a call from me. Thank you
    GOT IT! Thanks Jake!

ternstes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V, 2007 SRX V8, 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2000 STS, 1999 STS

Jake,

I, like Grady, will wait on your bottom end studs for as long as it takes. I am impressed by your resilience and your love of the Northstar engine. I know i will get a quality part from you. Keep going, Jake!

Thank you. I am very lucky to have some incredibly understanding customers right now. I am flying 1200 miles to pick up a half order of studs tomorrow. I will put a message on the phone system and I have already updated the website with a message- http://www.northstarperformance.com/index.html

Will keep people posted.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Looks good Jake, i give you the utmost respect for your efforts in keeping these engines on the road.

AoD
    AoD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS

You have my trust, and my patience. Cracked block or no, as long as I baby the car, and drive defensively, It's manageable. Soon I will drain and flush out the seal tabs with my garden hose so I can reconnect my heater core, as it's starting to get cold at night. I only hope the leak doesn't go crazy when I do that because I gotta put some actual coolant in there now or risk destroying the engine entirely when it drops below freezing outside.

I don't know if you got my texts from the instant messenger, so I'll restate:

I unfortunately cannot correspond with your cell via mine as my shitty cellphone plan won't allow it. The forums will have to do for now, and once I see that you have things going again please contact me so that we can set up a purchase via my home phone. Feel free to call that as well, leave a message on the machine. I'm pretty busy, so chances are I won't be home.

Also, just a reminder: If it's not too much trouble (and believe me, it's not a burning issue), I would greatly appreciate if you could whip up one of those semi-solid mounts for me as well. If not, I'm a patient man, I'll deal with one of your solid steel mounts for the time being.

Keep at it Jake, and try not to run yourself into the ground. Your health comes first.

ToMuchWork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 sts

Jake,

As one of your very satisfied customers I wish you the best. Hang in there, I know you will succeed.
    I used your stud kit about a year and a half ago and haven't had any issues at all. I am in the process
    of rebuilding my 4.6 N* which is pictured below. I surely wouldn't be going thru all this work and expense
    if I wasn't totally confident that I will never have another head gasket issue with this motor again.
    Thanks again for all you have done for me. Take care of your health.

Kevin
    Attached Images

Thanks y'all. Your support during this rough time means the world.

I have the CNC back up and running - thanks to a company in Grand Rapids Michigan who strips down old machines and sells the parts. The $3000 quote I had was a bit steep, the used part set me back $950 + overnight shipping. I now realize, how valuable express overnight shipping can be, when you're in desperate need-

Also I had to manually reference the tool turret because nobody could tell me how to do it electonically- I just rotated the turret with a crowbar and the sensors started to pick up the position as I rotated it. All of a sudden the hydraulics came back on and I hit "turret index" and it found its own positions again. All back up and running.

This weekend is machine time. I expect a great update on Monday morning!

Speedygman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NorthStar 32 Vicky/ 58 CHEVY BROOKWOOD 348, 1983 Manta RX7

GREAT NEWS JAKE, run it till it starts to sweat, or making funny noise, keep us posted and post a picture or video?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.