Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Barbara, I will be very happy to repair your Cadillac at either the North Dakota location (as long as the ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

Barbara, I will be very happy to repair your Cadillac at either the North Dakota location (as long as the paperwork comes in on time) or in Manitoba, but I have to look after a few others first including moistcabbage above.

Aaron- I have not read emails for a while but I glanced at yours real quick (love the photo!) and I owe you a quick delivery of that Northstar. I may have some good news for you but I cannot say until I know for sure. I sincerely appreciate your patience. I will respond this weekend sometime-

Thank you.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Thanks Jake, No worries. You have my email address and phone number whenever you get a free minute.

Barbara Babb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 DeVille (00 Tracker 4x4 & 1 owner 86 Nissan Pickup 720)

Thank you, sir!

Made my day!

Please remember that while I would like it repaired, there really is no hurry. As I said, the title is at least 5 weeks away and passport is about 2 weeks out.

If ND repair may be an option, it works even better and I can wait for that if it is close (say within 6 months). Patience is a small thing if I believe it is going to be fixed right the first time and that is what I believe from everything I have read and what others have said about your work and your product.

I had been considering purchasing a used engine to send, for the stud kit installation and seals, but after pricing a few and not knowing the history of the engine, care, etc.....still an option, if needed, but not first choice.

I am confident my engine should be in decent shape. It never reached limp mode and did not go over 240 degrees with me which I immediately reduced what I could to drop the temps quickly. It only reached it once and briefly. No limp mode, no stopping of the A/C compressor, and oil change performed the day before, resetting the oil life percentage still shows 99%.

Just let me know at your earliest convenience when/where, etc.

I can be patient with other vehicles, don't drive it in the winter anyhow. Can start it to circulate oil, etc. Keeping maintainer on the battery to keep the system charged. It is inside and enclosed out of the weather (but the dirt seems to creep in everywhere anyhow!

B

Jake, the shop called today, they're getting itchy about my car sitting there. Do you have an approximate date for delivery, or any progress update that I can relay to them?

Rawben is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS

I've been reading this thread as I may now have an overheating issue and am not completely sure of the reason why.

Thought I'd pass along information to Jake - Jake you need a Virtual Assistant. Someone to handle your phones, emails, internet, forum postings, etc. which can all be done Virtually. Personally, I don't provide these services but can point you in the direction of where you can find someone or submit a RFP (Request for Proposal) for one at no cost. It's a thought and maybe just what you need to keep you organized let alone allow you to do what you do best and not deal with all the admin stuff. Good luck!

No I need a real assistant, to handle the office. That day is coming. All non-essential services had been removed to finance (pay for) the CNC turning center. Now that that's been done I see things progressing nicely soon.

I know it's frustrating when you call my office and nobody responds. Not to be rude at all but right now I have to choose between the phones being answered or the work getting done that's on the list right now.

Aaron- I will have a rough date for you on Monday- call or text me Monday please-

This business has overtaken me. There is no way in hell I can run it on my own anymore so here's the plan:

1. Hire more employees including a receptionist (two if need be)
    2. Make more processes of the repairs automated and fool-proof
    3. Ensure there's enough stock to supply everyone
    4. Keep regular work hours. All work and no play...... I love my job but I still need time for the other things in life sometimes.
    5. Increase efficiency. Period. The more efficient a business runs the better it is for everyone.
    6. Increase feedback. Again- that's where the receptionists come in.
    7. Appoint a Vice-President so that if something happens to me, someone can fill my place immediately and ensure it's business as usual.

I've been going through a rough time lately, I know it's frustrating right now for my customers just please allow me the space to get back on my feet. Thoughts of giving up have crossed my mind many times but I've never been a quitter, I sure as hell am not going to start now.

I'll keep y'all posted.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Jake when i say this
    i think we all agree
    maybe you just need to take a vacation once you do find someone to run the office and someone you trust that can handled the repairs and get the ball rolling take a vacation do what you need to
    even if its before that
    take a 1 week go to the beach if thats yoru think
    or go to a ski resort in the winter if thats your thing
    but give yourself a vacation you need it

Jake, I lost all hope of a speedy repair since I was told my HG's had failed (which turned out to be a cracked head). When the shop told me there was a problem with the new gaskets fitting over the straightened studs, I lost all expectations of having the car back before the end of summer. I know you're busy, and completely understand why. I wouldn't even had bothered asking how much longer it would be, if the shop hadn't asked for an update. My car has been there for MUCH longer than anyone had anticipated, and with the cradle removed, is far from easy to move around.

I don't want you to feel as if I am rushing you, I just don't want to run into any problems with the shop. I will call and text you on Monday. Thanks again.

Aaron

eyekantbeme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Seville STS

Unhappy Re: Message to all stud kit customers, past, present, and future.

Jake, I ordered a stud kit on 08/23 I dont know if youve been up to date on the shipments....I know, Im in California, but Im assuming they should have arrived by now. If you havent shipped it out yet, then I guess forget it, I think Im getting a 4runner lol, and Ill throw over the caddy to either sumone who knows what theyre doing, or to the tax deduction gods.

SO let me know.......and If anyone in California needs a kit I (might) have one, I dont want to inflate or deflate the price on it, but if anyone is willing to drive or even fly to come get it, Im hoping itll be here. If it's not and your that backed up. Then dont send the kit out, we'll worry about the money in due time, just stop the shipment for now. It's been way too long and Im getting rid of my baby, my caddy :\

Thanks!

btw my info is

Jeremy Shawaf
    and phone number (310)4032291

I never got an order confirmation email or anything so I really dont have much more info :\ Alright, then.

nevermind......we spoke today

AoD
    AoD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS

Hey Jake.

I just wanted to order a stud kit for my caddy. I have purchased an unmolested '02 deville motor with 80k miles on it (the block is cracked on my 00 Seville) that appears to be pretty solid. I refuse to install the motor until i've installed your stud kit.

I realize you've got a lot on your plate right now and the last thing i want to do is add to any stress. You make an excellent product, and if it will keep the HG gremlins away, I will gladly spend some time waiting to receive it. I'll be calling to leave you a voicemail, just to augment this message, and you can get back to me at your earliest convenience.

I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania, and unfortunately my cellphone will not accept or make international calls. So here's my home number. Leave a message with your direct contact information and we can go from there.

1-814-835-5064

Thank you, Jake.
    Respectfully,
    Andy Walchack

Jeremy- I have not forgotten you, we will reverse the funds Monday-

AoD - I can't do anything until Monday but rest assured, either Saturday or Monday you will be getting a call from me. Thank you

Great! Thanks Jake!

Barbara Babb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 DeVille (00 Tracker 4x4 & 1 owner 86 Nissan Pickup 720)

Hey Jake

Hoping you get the break you appear to desperately need.

Again, the time thing isn't an issue with me.

However, I have been thinking, and sometime early next spring I will be ordering a rebuilt engine from your shop. Hopefully you still have some of those.

I have been crunching numbers and between renewing passport, towing car, costs to remove engine there, etc, I am sure it would be more cost effective as well as more reliable overall to go that route. I will have the engine swapped locally. Have found someone that seems to be a conscientious mechanic to do that here.

Also intend to purchase new starter and new intake manifold.

When ever time permits, curious about the core. Website says no core charge. Does that mean you do not want the old engine? Or you just waive the core charge? If I wish to keep my old engine, what is the cost with the purchase of a new one?

My brother has a 99 Eldorado and I am thinking of distant future repairs to that engine for his use (repairs at your shop no earlier than next (2012 or 2013 unless his car fails) fall).

Actually, though. The delays have been beneficial to me in that I have been able to think everything out, price various options (all with your stud kit repairs) and have finally decided that even though slightly spendier, this may be the best value for my money and for my car's longevity.

Please do not rush anything, just at your convenience. Wish you were closer, I would be willing to apply to assist there.

Barbara

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Barb,

make sure your local mech knows that this online community is here to help if they need it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.