94 4.6 Water Pump Housing question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 94 4.6 Water Pump Housing question in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Can anyone tell me if the Water Pump Housing has a coolant passage just aft and kind of below the ...
    DBC
    DBC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

94 4.6 Water Pump Housing question

Can anyone tell me if the Water Pump Housing has a coolant passage just aft and kind of below the water pump? Does the housing connect into the block, coolant passages I mean, as it crosses over the engine? I cannot find any images of the back side of the housing unit to see what is there. Is it just attachment bolts with big rubber bushings to insulate the connection? Or are there coolant passages where I see these rubber gaskets between the housing and the block?

I'm asking because I thought maybe my water pump gasket or shaft was leaking but now that I have everything out of the way I am wondering if it wasn't coming from a little father aft of the pump.

I suppose I can just put it all back together and see if I still have a leak since I am as far along as I am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 94 4.6 Water Pump Housing question

Tech Tips section is for "tech tips" not questions. I'll move this to the Northstar section.

mhamilton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 XJ8-L, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(

Re: 94 4.6 Water Pump Housing question

There's a crossover How-To somewhere on this site, but I don't have a link handy. This is a picture from that thread showing the back (engine side) of the crossover.

I assume it's the same or similar for your '94. The crossover connects the 4 engine water jackets to the pump, radiator, and heater.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.