Radiator Flush 02 deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Radiator Flush 02 deville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; You need to read the boil/freeze data for 50/50 ethylene glycol based coolants - it's on the back of any ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Radiator Flush 02 deville

You need to read the boil/freeze data for 50/50 ethylene glycol based coolants - it's on the back of any coolant jug.

50/50 mix is the recommended strength by every car maker on earth since they stopped using alcohol-based coolants in the 40's.

Like it or not, 100% coolant boils and freezes earlier than the 50/50 mix - and, for high temperature operation, GM's highest recommended concentration is 70/30.

Do some coolant searches and find Ranger's coolant concentration specifications table.

gino9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado 4.5 88' & STS 4.6 N* 01'

hi
    Where is minimum level In coolant tank?After when I changed coolant and fill up to max always come down.That normal?Or I losing coolant?Two times happen when engine idling and cut off and when engine idling and seat in car I feel little little shake.RPM OK but slighty feel.???

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Read the fill legend molded into the reservoir top and side.

Filled to or close to the top, as the coolant normally expands quite a bit as it warms up it blows out the overflow hose. Normal level - when cold - is about halfway up in the reservoir. You never check or adjust coolant level with the engine hot - only when less than lukewarm.

If the engine stalls when idling, get any diagnostic trouble codes from the car's built-in code reader/scanner. Use the proper section and links in the sticky post just above this - "How to pull codes". Practice, write down all found codes and whether each is Current or History and return to the sticky to open the link of code definitions. Decipher all your P,B,C, and U codes, write it all down, and post it all here.

( There are two sticky posts in the Engines; Northstar Performance forum that address cooling system operation. Also, a discussion way up ^^^ in the Cadillac Technical Archive - black bar)

Ok,I'v found wet place under reservior tank,so I think I put too much coolant.When engine cold I add coolant for max level.After few days I losing 200ml.So is ok?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

After a coolant change you may have to top it off a few times as it purges air out of the system. That's normal.

If you are filling it to the 1/2 tank level (proper full level) and have a "wet place under reservoir tank", then you have a leak. Probably a cracked tank (not uncommon). That WILL NOT cause a stall.

As for minimum level (when the CHECK COOLANT message appears) that is somewhere around 1/4.

today I seen,when engine hot slowly come out on reservoir tank cap.So not sure he reduce because too much or I'v change cap?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.