Any Previously tuned 2000 to 2003 PCM have lifetime tune upgrade - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Any Previously tuned 2000 to 2003 PCM have lifetime tune upgrade in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; "Previously tuned only".....................So " pcmcalibrators " is a CF authorized vendor offering services in a public forum but doing work ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Any Previously tuned 2000 to 2003 PCM have lifetime tune upgrade

"Previously tuned only".....................So "pcmcalibrators" is a CF authorized vendor offering services in a public forum but doing work for only a select few ?? Why does their site lead one to believe that "they" will perform work on ALL 2000 - 2003 Northstar FWD PCMs ?

I notice that one of CF's members, N0D1H, is part of this ^^^ crew.

AJ, how come any CF member can't obtain this service if they want to pay for it ?? What's the mystery ??

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Stop thinking so hard about it, you might break something.

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Stop thinking so hard about it, you might break something.
    Not possible: It's already broken !

Fishing for a piece of the action..................

Hey Sub I am getting my memory back slowly. I have made a huge jump in progress in getting the CheckSum figured out. John has been a big help. ejguillot really is the one that got me back on track. Then with John's help I got the location of the checksum. Now all I am working on is a very small part of both High Octane and the Low Octane Spark Tables. If I raise the timing just at cruise you should have less airflow. The Mass Airflow sensor measures the Mass of the air flowing into the engine the PCM then sprays the injectors off of the MAF reading.
    Example: Towing a boat at 65 mph at 2200 RPM’s at 18% throttle and 46 G/sec of air
    Remove the boat -- 65 mph at 2200 rpm’s at 11% throttle, but only 15 G/sec you will have less fuel flowing to the engine

I would also like to lower the amount of EGR at this area and this area only.

This is MAP by RPM

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    "Previously tuned only".....................So "pcmcalibrators" is a CF authorized vendor offering services in a public forum but doing work for only a select few ?? Why does their site lead one to believe that "they" will perform work on ALL 2000 - 2003 Northstar FWD PCMs ?

I notice that one of CF's members, N0D1H, is part of this ^^^ crew.

AJ, how come any CF member can't obtain this service if they want to pay for it ?? What's the mystery ??
    I see nothing on the site about Northstar Tuning

[QUOTE=pcmcalibrators;2660134]I see nothing on the site about Northstar Tuning[/QUOTE]

BINGO !!! So, in order to set the fish hook, exactly why are you posting a so-called "tune" for "GM engines" in a primarily FWD Northstar thread ???? From your statement in writing ^^^ you are a phony = fraud...........Go post in the old Forums or lure the new model owners - if you can't do squat for a 2000 - 2004 FWD Northstar PCM, then stop throwing smoke and mirrors into the mix.

Bottom line: Can you or your "company" modify the existing GM factory settings in a 2000-2004 FWD Northstar PCM for a positive, documented, guaranteed power/economy/performance gain ???...............for any owner.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

[QUOTE=submariner409;2660442]
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmcalibrators View Post
    I see nothing on the site about Northstar Tuning[/QUOTE]

BINGO !!! So, in order to set the fish hook, exactly why are you posting a so-called "tune" for "GM engines" in a primarily FWD Northstar thread ???? From your statement in writing ^^^ you are a phony = fraud...........Go post in the old Forums or lure the new model owners - if you can't do squat for a 2000 - 2004 FWD Northstar PCM, then stop throwing smoke and mirrors into the mix.

Bottom line: Can you or your "company" modify the existing GM factory settings in a 2000-2004 FWD Northstar PCM for a positive, documented, guaranteed power/economy/performance gain ???...............for any owner.
    We will see shortly.
    As far as the 2004 YES

Quote Originally Posted by pcmcalibrators View Post
    We will see shortly.
    Good !!! That's the brightest ray of sunshine on the whole 2000-2003 Northstar FWD PCM "tuning progress" in 5 years. Thanks.

We tune a minimum of 3 cars a week and over the last year I would have to guess it is about 5 to 10 a week. We have learned a lot over the last 5 years and it shows. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 attraction. We make sure we are doing the correct service and we make sure it is done 100% correct. I have repaired 1 guys PCM 2 times for 1 price just to make sure they are 100% happy with our service. It is very easy to increase HP and MPG. The thing is you need a little help from ?M.
    Yes ?M has been helping tuning companies for years. Think about the big picture. You have to have a brand that the owner can make their own.

stngh8r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 STS, 1991 Chevy RC w/500 CAD

Thumbs up Re: Any Previously tuned 2000 to 2003 PCM have lifetime tune upgrade

AJxtcman: Thanks for hanging in there. I have noticed you over on a "tuner" forum and I know you are passionate about tuning. Please stick with it. It seems that it has been a long and thankless adventure for you with less than desired results. So I just want to say thanks.

pcmcalibrators: Thanks for jumping in on this

Sub: Bless your heart. You may be the most positive and uplifting gentleman for miles around, but your post reflect the contrary.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by stngh8r View Post
    Sub: Bless your heart. You may be the most positive and uplifting gentleman for miles around, but your post reflect the contrary.
    I will kiss no one's butt for praise: I have been watching the 2000-2003 PCM "tuning" promises from 4 different sources for too long - now it's down to "Show me !" When it comes to this segment of FWD Northstar ownership I am a dyed in the wool skeptic. Too many smoke and mirrors threads over too many years.

stngh8r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 STS, 1991 Chevy RC w/500 CAD

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    When it comes to this segment of FWD Northstar ownership I am a dyed in the wool skeptic. Too many smoke and mirrors threads over too many years.
    I understand. I'm sorry, I was a bit harsh with you.

I suppose from my perspective, I just want to give these guys some moral support and encouragement. They have spent alot of energy and time trying to gain some ground for this very small special interest group.

Eric

Not harsh at all...........I welcome your input - that's why CF is such a great place to communicate. Understand: I spent 25 years in a profession that did not allow one second's guesswork and rumor - it was all done by the book, through practice, and the passing down of extensive experience. One screwup and you might kill a LOT of people. I try not to parrot rumor and hearsay, and am not influenced by it. A lot of today's individuals cannot handle the blunt truth: I thrive on it, which is why I have nothing but the greatest admiration for JimD. He tells it like it is, while my prose style is somewhat different. Many need their learning experiences sugar coated.

If every GM car and truck has a major pick up in performance why would you think that a Northstar would not Sub? Thinking that would be 100% ignorance.

Why aren’t the Northstar OBD 1 ECM’s not supported by tuning companies? They use multiple “Templates” for most years and that is an issue.

Why aren’t the 96 to 99 Northstar PCM’s supported by all tuning companies? First thing is The Reading and Writing of the PCM’s. They use a 128kb file size and most other GM’s vehicles from 96 to 2002 use a 512kb. Next the Northstar’s use 2 Motorola processors and they are a different type then the other Delco PCM’s. Tunercat has the ability to read a 128kb PCM that is use in 1996 & 97 GMT-400 trucks. Now you need the Seed & Key combo. Most GM vehicles from 1996 on up use a single Intel memory chip that you can pull and get the Seed & Key combo from the Northstar does not. The 96 to 99 uses 4 small chips, but so does a few other older PCM’s like the GMT-400. Next would be mapping out the PCM. That isn’t that big of a deal. It takes time, but it can be done.

The 2000 to 2003 use a 1 Intel chip PCM. It is a seamen’s PCM with 2 Infineon processors. This is an issue in reading the PCM. We can program it, but not read it out. Do we really need to read it out. Not really we just pull the memory chip and read the chip on the off board reader. So now moving on to the mapping of the calibration. I use a Euro software program that is Siemen’s friendly, but it doesn’t do the checksum. I can spot the timing tables in a bin file pretty easy. I just adjust them and then burn the calibration back into the chip while it is on the off board burner.

Do I have all 4000 parameters figured out? No!
    HPT sells a tuning tool with about 100 parameter out of the 4000 and people buy it. So I have a handful mapped out and tested.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.