381 Cadillac head gasket jobs completed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 381 Cadillac head gasket jobs completed in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I am happy to announce that Midwest Cadillac Repair in Illinois has saved 50 Cadillacs from the head gasket demons. ...
    edb150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Many! I currently own & operate MIDWEST CADILLAC REPAIR

381 Cadillac head gasket jobs completed

I am happy to announce that Midwest Cadillac Repair in Illinois has saved 50 Cadillacs from the head gasket demons. We completed # 50 today, a 2005 deville. 51 and 52 are in the shop, a96 Deville and an 03 Deville. I will be discounting my labor on these job by 200.00 for any members needing head gaskets. www.midwestcadillacrepair.com
    [/I]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pete1996 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Re: 50 cadillac head gasket jobs completed

I don't think we'll be fixing our 1996 STS, trying to sell it as is, but I am curious what do you do when a car has high oil consumption due to the ring issue and also probably bottom end seals?

What is your typical cost for older cars say mid 1990s, or at least a base charge for the HGs, then adders for if it needs more?

1500 plus parts usually but 1300 for you as a member. Parts are around 500 so around 1800 to 2000 if it needs more. such extras would be the front motor mount, plugs, water pump, etc. My repair includes a reseal of the lower case and oil pan.Where are you located and what do you want for the car? 847 878 5676

Pete1996 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

We are in CT 06611, it is late now what are OK hours to call your number there?

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Good work!! I need guys like you near my house..... hahaha

By the way, a 2005 Deville........................................... .... so the coarser thread head bolt wasn't the cure either?

the threads seemed ok only 1 was loose . I helped another shop with an 04 that had thread problems though. The head gaskets still fail even though the threads seem to hold.

studebaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): looking for an ETC

wish you guys were closer to Florida...

Studebaker

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

A dubious distinction indeed Joe, but it's nice to know where the experience is if I ever need it. Keep up the good work.

JoeTahoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GMC SLT,Tahoe, Malibu LTZ, 99 STS studded with NP

congrats and good work!!

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS

well my brother has a 95 bmw 740 that had a new motor installed due to aluminum cylinder wear. factory defect issue. lucky he did not pay for it. that is more expensive than a caddy HG job.

wachuku is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Seville STS

Hey edb150, congrats on 50!

I'm itching to get the HG's done on my '97 STS. I'm in Minnesota, and I've been trying to connect up with Manitoba but to no avail, so I'm beginning to look elsewhere.

I believe my car blew the gaskets at ~85K and was time-serted before I owned it. Now the HG's are blown again at ~150K; do you use the big bolts distributed by northstarperformance? (And if you use them, do you have any or can you get them?)

I have tentative plans for a truck and trailer to tow the car, please post back if you're interested in possibly arranging a repair time.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Wachuku you are in St. Paul, correct? Please do me a favour and give me a call when you get a chance. If you can have the vehicle up in Manitoba in about 2 weeks or so, I can get it done immediately- if you cannot wait I fully understand; Joe is a great mechanic and probably not backed up quite as far as I am at this time. As a possible future distributor and installer of the stud kits I also do not want to become his competition.

204-304-6031 this is my cell, text me your number and I'll give you a call to save the long distance.

Thank you-

383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

Thanks for posting your information. I have saved your info and if I am in need of service I will be contacting you.

383 LT1 SS

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS

wachuku, your timeserts might still be ok. most assume a serted motor that fails needs bigserts next. could just be your gaskets. probably not. could pull heads and see but that is a tough job as well with motor in car.

Quote Originally Posted by wachuku View Post
    Hey edb150, congrats on 50!

I'm itching to get the HG's done on my '97 STS. I'm in Minnesota, and I've been trying to connect up with Manitoba but to no avail, so I'm beginning to look elsewhere.

I believe my car blew the gaskets at ~85K and was time-serted before I owned it. Now the HG's are blown again at ~150K; do you use the big bolts distributed by northstarperformance? (And if you use them, do you have any or can you get them?)

I have tentative plans for a truck and trailer to tow the car, please post back if you're interested in possibly arranging a repair time.
    Yes I can absolutely put suregrip studs in it for you. I have had No problems getting studs from Jake so let me know when you want to do it and I will order them up and have them waiting. Call anytime 847-878-5676

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.