Help in search of MODS...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help in search of MODS... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Is there common ways to mod. the northstar engine? Are aftermarket kits like, PCM, Mufflers, High Flow cats, Injectors, Air ...
    MYCADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help in search of MODS...

Is there common ways to mod. the northstar engine? Are aftermarket kits like, PCM, Mufflers, High Flow cats, Injectors, Air Mass flow sensors, and so on. Pretty much all bolt on mods. I allready have the K&N Drop in filter... are there any FIPK's for the Eldorado? Any experience or info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

playaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    www.rsmracing.com
    www.caddyinfo.com

97 Eldog's to my knowledge do not have mass air flow sensors.

You don't need injectors unless you have something that requires more fuel (ie turbo, blower).

You can always do a wet kit (no dry kit cuz no MAF). I'm loving my nitrous setup (PM me if you want more help on a nitrous setup, as I just finished mine on my 94 seville STS).

I did a free exhaust mod which involved bolting off from the cat and back. It sure made the car loud but man did it help.

I made a custom intake (see my other thread and read down some past my 1st ghetto intake).

I might pick up the RSM Racing ported throttle body. I've heard some good reviews of that.

You could always port the heads or something using a dremel or a die grinder or pay someone over 1k bucks to do it for you (boo).

Other than that, I'm currently searching for mods as well. Anyone seen parts for rebuilding the engine or stroking it?

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    In 1996, I believe Cadillac switched from speed density fuel injection to mass air fuel injection. 1996 and later Northstars all have MAF sensors.

playaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ahhh.... thanks for the clarifying. Damn me, I have a 94.

MYCADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well thanks for your help...anyway. The thought was there

LymanSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    My caddy seems to have both a MAF sensor as well as a MAP sensor. I have an Autotap diagnostic tool which lets me monitor all the sensors using my laptop. Well I can get a signal from botj the MAP sensor telling me the pressure in the manifold and the MAF sensor telling me how much air is flowing through it. This is common among many high end engines. I know Audi does it on it's V8s too.

As for mods...I think we are all in search. RSM racing has some. I also found an intake advertized by Lund cadillac. I sent them an email and they told me to call. I just haven't gotten a chance to call them. Cadillac hotrod fabricators has some stuff but it's mostly meant for use in northstars that are used in hotrods...often with carbs, or sometimes custom injection systems. They generally aren't designed to be compatible with the factory engine management system. Corsa has an aftermarket cat-back exhaust. I may have to get that. What I would like to see is a decent intake and exhaust, (the above mentioned ones may be decent) coupled with a head and cam package, and a chip to adjust the fueling. I think we could have a healthy four hundred horsepower if the head and cam package is well designed. I'd also like to find lower/stiffer springs, and thicker swaybars for my DTS. I'm not sure how the load leveling system would work with that though.

Scott

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    Yes, I think all the Northstars have a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor). Only the later ones (1996 and beyond) have a MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow sensor).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.