99 STS Project - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 99 STS Project in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Thank you Joe. I may want to talk to you in a little while regarding distributorship information. I need to ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Re: 99 STS Project

Thank you Joe. I may want to talk to you in a little while regarding distributorship information. I need to fix the shipping issues and nothing- NOTHING will beat the speed of shipping within the same state. The customers and people on these forums who have stuck with me and shown me respect are my first pick for distributor opportunities, I hope I can make a difference in the Caddy world and show respect and gratitude in exchange. Face it, dealerships are not saving these cars from the scrap yard - it's all of the independent guys who have lower overhead and pay attention to detail; who are keeping these cars on the road where they belong. We have to work together. Dealerships help too; but according to book times and $100+/hr, it's just not worth it to many customers.

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldorado esc/2000 deville Y(THE GREY GOOSE)

Pictures are up in the Headgasket Failures and Fix section

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

did he find cams? i still have those heads in my 98.... what was it... 25,000 km's i think.

JoeTahoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GMC SLT,Tahoe, Malibu LTZ, 99 STS studded with NP

Major score at pick a part,I got two really nice exhaust cams and 20 nice lifters for $44 out the door. Wife is very very happy. Looked at 2 SLS that said they had bad engines, took left side valve cover off and the lifters were really bad. Came across a really nice 99 Deville, sticker on the side said good engine so i took the left valve cover off and was like score. This Deville had drivers and pass air bags deployed, deer hide in the headlight opening really nice car i would give it a 10 in the sweet ride catogory. Someone really took good care of it. Would have liked to take the whole engine but it is 10 out and i just dont like the idea of laying under a car with welded rims for jack stads and also the time.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just taking the heads probably would have been enough and been a bit easier on the install side of things too... but either way good score!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

i thought about taking the heads but thats alot of work and if i had the time i would have taking the whole engine

I can seem to find the half case and oil pan TSB if someone could help me out. I have searched all over the site. I am probably just missing something but i cant seem to find it and I think I got it from the search once before.
    Thanks, Joe

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...v-sealant.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-bearings.html

TSB #03-06-01-027 is mentioned in the second one breifly (first one is a copy of the original bulletin i think) ... currently there's an "A" attached to the end of the bulletin # which means there was some sort of revision made... if you want i can email you a copy
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thank You, Chris

who makes a good motor mount for a 99 STS I need the front and rear mounts, I see about every one has them but I would like some input on witch ones too stay away from if any and what ones have lasted. Should I only use GM mounts??
    Thanks, Joe

i don't know of any others besides the GM mounts... usually only the front will need replacement

my bad chris I was on fleebay and saw them. I know the front one is bad, but i have not really studied the rear one it looked split but i see in the pics it looks the same

No problem... the front is the one that get's most of the abuse from the engine torque (i think)

Northstar Performance on the left and stock on the right All holes had nice big chips nice clean hole

Northstar Performance studs installed A big thank you Jake. Now just need some more funds to finish the old girl up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.