transmission is kidna ... odd?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, transmission is kidna ... odd? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey all lately ive been noticeing a sort of "stumble" when im driving like when im in cruise and just ...
    capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

transmission is kidna ... odd?

Hey all

lately ive been noticeing a sort of "stumble" when im driving like when im in cruise and just driving lightly under 3,000 my car seems to stumble and feel like it just looses power or fall out of engaugement for a split second, like however you would describe a stumble. but what could this be, my local tech told me it may be vacuum leaks with the cruse but i think its more

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadiJeff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1981 CoupeDeville, 2 1990 Eldorados, 1994ETC ,1992STS

Re: transmission is kidna ... odd?

vacume leaks in the cruise can be quite noticeable. I had one in my 88 seville and it would let the car slip 4mph and then speed back up to set speed with a hard accel. It felt worse than it was.

yeah i mean it doesnt really loose speed it just feels like its not accelerating anymore or soemthng, its hard to explain the feeling, like the constant motion is interrupted

Pjs
    Pjs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My 95 SLS does the same thing. I thought perhaps I was mistaken at first, because it didn't do it all the time. It started right after I had pulled the radiator to replace a cracked tank. It only does it at a light throttle. I paid close attention for a couple of weeks when driving, trying to determine whether it was fuel, electrical or vacuum related. I finally figured out that I have a slight vacuum leak somewhere...I've checked all the vacuum lines and can't seem to find a problem which leads me to believe that my intake has a slight leak in it. Intake gaskets are only $25 at the dealer and definitely worth trying

Quote Originally Posted by Pjs
    My 95 SLS does the same thing. I thought perhaps I was mistaken at first, because it didn't do it all the time. It started right after I had pulled the radiator to replace a cracked tank. It only does it at a light throttle. I paid close attention for a couple of weeks when driving, trying to determine whether it was fuel, electrical or vacuum related. I finally figured out that I have a slight vacuum leak somewhere...I've checked all the vacuum lines and can't seem to find a problem which leads me to believe that my intake has a slight leak in it. Intake gaskets are only $25 at the dealer and definitely worth trying
    im thinking if its a vacuum leak it will be around the TB area, because i did notice some cracks in the plastic housing on top of it so im going to try and superglue those back together and see if thers any difference

pos2nat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville STS

sounds like torque converter locking up and disengaging, normally happens with steady driving between 45-65mph, might also be vacuum leak if it only happens with cruise control on...

jcdsog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

mine (94 SLS) does the exact same thing. for almost a year now and still havent figured it out. bought new shift solenoids but havent gotten them put in just yet. also i talked to a cadillac mechanic and he mentioned that it could be the torque converter also. is it difficutl/expensive to replace one of those?

thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.