Oil light comes on in an 98 Deville N*.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Oil light comes on in an 98 Deville N*. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Once in a great while my oil light comes on at idle. It will turn off as soon as i ...
    Wolfpath2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (Silver)

Unhappy Oil light comes on in an 98 Deville N*.

Once in a great while my oil light comes on at idle. It will turn off as soon as i apply the throttle. I know what kind of damage an engine goes through with no oil pressure. Please give me some advice on this senario. Thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Red face Re: Oil light comes on in an 98 Deville N*.

Had (have) the same problem occasionally. If the QUANTITY of oil is sufficient, and it's a good QUALITY, it's probably the pressure sending unit. I have a 99 Deville, and soon after I got it the LOW OIL PRESSURE-STOP ENGINE warning came on one hot afternoon after about five or six miles of stop and go traffic jam. Stopped, checked level (after a few minutes) and it was fine. Revs made light and chime go out.

Checked with Dealer - bad switch. Replace under warranty.

The switch is right next to the oil filter, and it's entirely possible, if not plausible, that a ham-handed filter replacement can knock it out of whack.

Check the oil level about once a week, and keep it in the hash-marks. Have the dealer check the switch next time you're there.

Re: Oil light comes on in an 98 Deville N*.

Thanx for the advice sir. i will look up on that as soon as i can. if there are any other inquires about this. please reply..one more thing my 98 is the same colour as yours!

Does anyone else have any tips on this subject? If you do please reply!

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Since you appear to have joined recently, the best thing you can do is search for and read every post made by Our Leader and Supreme God-like Being Who Can Do No Wrong, bbob the Great.

Rumor has BBob was born inside a N* oil pan and took 10w-30 with his Gerber and Similac..

Seriously, though just go back and browse the threads in the N* Tech Discussion forum. Fount of Knowledge and all that....

Cheerio

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.