2002 Deville Multiple codes, rough idle, surging at high RPM - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2002 Deville Multiple codes, rough idle, surging at high RPM in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I found the technical archive. Some interesting info there... especially the WOT info. I remember back in the days of ...
    Deltamaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville

Re: 2002 Deville Multiple codes, rough idle, surging at high RPM

I found the technical archive. Some interesting info there... especially the WOT info. I remember back in the days of carburetor engines and NO COMPUTERS that the old timers would tell you to get out on the highway and romp on it to clear out the "Cobwebs". When I went to vehicle maintenance tech school in the Air Force I was told this was an urban legend and not really advisable.

I sure can understand a performance engineered engine would need a little "Exercising" from time to time... like a good race horse. Especially when the majority of the people buying/driving these cars are old codgers (at least in Florida they were) that never drive them over 50 mph and take 20 minutes to get up to speed from a stop light! (hehe)

The only reason I have this one is because my old codger passed on to the great reward, did not need it any more and left it for me to struggle with the small problems.

So far I have had to replace both rear window regulators (which has now tossed a window position code).

Replaced all the tires due to dry rot... had good tread but GIANT creacks in the sidewalls!

Thought I had a problem with engine oil consumption until I read the archives!

Repaired the bumper and grill from when the old man ran in to God Knows What... and how many times.

Abandoned the plan to buff out all the scratches since there are so many... from scraping the garage door frame and running grandma's wheelchair in to the body panels.

Now I had to do this Plenum thing and still have the TCC solenoid problem (which I will let pass).

Other than all that she runs great and rides like a dream. Really comfortable to ride in. A joy on the freeway. A darn sight more comfortable (but less practical) than my overloaded 97 Dodge Dakota!

2001_Seville_SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Deltamaster View Post
    Still have the SES light on due to the P1860/0741 TCC issues. I have found on the forums that this is a problem that is (as noted) a $50.00 part buried in a $2000.00 repair! WOW... must drop the engine/tranny about 8-12 inches to get to the access cover and effect replacement of the solenoid.

Fortunately from what I have read here the only disadvantage to not repairing this is a loss of about one mile per gallon of fuel economy since the torque converter will not lock up... SO... I guess this goes on the deferred list until my ambition level rises enough to try dropping the engine/tranny myself.
    The In the event that you decide to replace the TCC PWM Solenoid Valve, there is no need to pull the transaxle or hang it on all threads. The valve can be replaced with the engine and transaxle in their original location. I posted a how to in Tech Tips.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...741-p1860.html (Malfunction Indicator Light with P0741 and P1860)

2001_Seville_SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville SLS

babyb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac devile

Hi i have the same problem with my Cadillac .i live in Cleveland Ohio. I changed the massive air flow and the throttle .but the problem still continued. So i took thr car to Firestone had it put on a diagnostic test and the guy ssid it is the intake manifold and he said it will cost me $665.00 $325.00 for the intake snd $200 for labor plus taxes. Than i read the comment ftom Deltamaster and he was saying it was the Plenum and it fixed the problem .so im not sure what to do. It is now 2013 and this thred was 2010 but i hope yall can help me please .is anyone in Cleveland?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.