Cadillac Owners Forum banner

99 water crossover ?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gburian 
#1 ·
does the crossover have to be removed to take the right side head off ? i have taken the 2 bolts that connects it to the head and loosen the 2 bolts that connect it to the block but the head seems as if there is something holding it from coming off in that area ? thanks for any help anyone can give me!!!
GB

#2 ·
There's 10 bolts that hold the head on plus three little 10mm head bolts in the cam chain area. If you have all those out with the two water log bolts off, it should pull right off with a little effort.

Undo the lower two bolts on the left side of the water log. This will lower the engine coolant level in the block. That way you can avoid antifreeze running into the three little oil drain holes when you take your right head off. Watch the cam chain area by putting a rag below the head so you can keep antifreeze from running down into the oil pan.

#3 ·
The crossover does not have to come off to remove the head. I replaced my HG's and timeserted the block without remove the water crossover. As mentioned above, check all the bolts. As I remember, there is also a bolt that connects the head to a support to the motor mount area,

#4 ·
thanks IXSLR8 & BIGTONE for the info ! i wish i would have waited for a reply cause i didnt undo the 2 lower bolts on the left side water log as IXSLR8 said to do and it did just what he said it would do. i was planing on a oil change anyway ! lol

Undo the lower two bolts on the left side of the water log. This will lower the engine coolant level in the block. That way you can avoid antifreeze running into the three little oil drain holes when you take your right head off. Watch the cam chain area by putting a rag below the head so you can keep antifreeze from running down into the oil pan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.