Sometimes No Heat
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Sometimes No Heat in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Just wondering is the bad HG's problem casuing the heat not to work at times like i notice sometime there ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Sometimes No Heat

Just wondering is the bad HG's problem casuing the heat not to work at times like i notice sometime there is no heat and then sometime it just kicks on like if it start to warm up and get to hot my instinct goes to turn the heat on and that cool down a little bit
    but there is no heat sometimes
    is that a problem from the HG or do i have something els going on with the car also

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

Re: Sometimes No Heat

Check your antifreeze, if it is low there is nothing to deliver heat to your heater core and will cause overheating as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsbox View Post
    Check your antifreeze, if it is low there is nothing to deliver heat to your heater core and will cause overheating as well.
    I just thought about that also
    and i went out and looked it doenst look low i think thats happning is its got a airpoket in there and every now and then the airpocket will keep the fluid from going where it should or somthing like that does that make any sence
    because the only time ther eis not heat or the heat starts to get less powerful and less warm is when the engine starts to overheat but when its back to like 190-200- or even 210 the heat works fine problem is heat goes away once the engine getst o like 220 or higher so i think thats what the problem is

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Just wondering is the bad HG's problem casuing the heat not to work at times
    Yes. Exhaust gases are pumped into the cooling system through the breach in the HG and work their way to the heater core. The core cannot transfer heat to the air if there is no hot coolant in it. When the engine RPM is brought up, the pump spins faster and pumps coolant through the system, displacing the "air", then you get heat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Yes. Exhaust gases are pumped into the cooling system through the breach in the HG and work their way to the heater core. The core cannot transfer heat to the air if there is no hot coolant in it. When the engine RPM is brought up, the pump spins faster and pumps coolant through the system, displacing the "air", then you get heat again.
    Thanks Ranger
    this helps i was really worried that somethign els was starting ot go wrong now but then i remmebr that someone said the HG's could afect the heat in the car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.