Northstar Engine Parts Galore! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Engine Parts Galore! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by Ranger I'm guessing this trip is after your repair job. not even sure im gona be able ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: Northstar Engine Parts Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I'm guessing this trip is after your repair job.
    not even sure im gona be able to get the car up there now im not worried about being able to pass the boarder im worried about overheating and dieing whyll at idle
    i was just on the highway today drove from Cleveland to Columbus and then back to Cleveland had to drop somethign of at a frineds place and
    twice both times when i was at idle at a red light just after getting off the highway the temp rose up to 245 once i started driving it backed down to like 190-200 and during drivng it never went about 220 at the highest but then would still back down
    so im afraid of overheating just sitting at the boarder waiting for them

Pete315 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Eldorado

Jake, I will give you a phone call Sat morning.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

I will be working through the weekend very hard- I have a couple of customers who have to have their car back this weekend plus the fact that I need that little vacation slash business trip. If I don`t answer phone calls today don`t be surprised - John and Charity have the weekend off and 9 times out of 10 when the phone rings, I have my hands down between the engine and the car body loosening bolts and by the time I make it to the phone they hang up, LOL

Emailing me is the best way- when I`m on break I check and return emails.

Pete - we may have to reschedule but I will try to arrange so we can still make it Thursday or at least that weekend.

PupfromCleveland- if your car ran 230 all the way here you wouldn`t have a problem. Seriously I would check the cooling fan operation- usually it`s on the highway when they overheat due to bad HG`s and not at a red light. Usually. Not necessarily in this case.

Ranger- I plan on driving straight through- my dad and I are going together in his DTS (or the `03 Sierra if I can`t get the DTS ready). I`ve made the 1275 mile trip up to southern Manitoba through the U.S. on my own without stopping for the night (21 hours straight) and I`m confident I can do that again with my dad`s help driving. I think Tuesday afternoon I`ll be leaving, hopefully early in late morning or early afternoon, so that will put me in the Chicago area around late evening (7 hours to Chicago from my past experience). I`s time for a few days of cruising in a Caddy...

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

lifters?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.