Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Engine Parts Galore! in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Originally Posted by Ranger
I'm guessing this trip is after your repair job.
not even sure im gona be able ...
not even sure im gona be able to get the car up there now im not worried about being able to pass the boarder im worried about overheating and dieing whyll at idle
i was just on the highway today drove from Cleveland to Columbus and then back to Cleveland had to drop somethign of at a frineds place and
twice both times when i was at idle at a red light just after getting off the highway the temp rose up to 245 once i started driving it backed down to like 190-200 and during drivng it never went about 220 at the highest but then would still back down
so im afraid of overheating just sitting at the boarder waiting for them
I will be working through the weekend very hard- I have a couple of customers who have to have their car back this weekend plus the fact that I need that little vacation slash business trip. If I don`t answer phone calls today don`t be surprised - John and Charity have the weekend off and 9 times out of 10 when the phone rings, I have my hands down between the engine and the car body loosening bolts and by the time I make it to the phone they hang up, LOL
Emailing me is the best way- when I`m on break I check and return emails.
Pete - we may have to reschedule but I will try to arrange so we can still make it Thursday or at least that weekend.
PupfromCleveland- if your car ran 230 all the way here you wouldn`t have a problem. Seriously I would check the cooling fan operation- usually it`s on the highway when they overheat due to bad HG`s and not at a red light. Usually. Not necessarily in this case.
Ranger- I plan on driving straight through- my dad and I are going together in his DTS (or the `03 Sierra if I can`t get the DTS ready). I`ve made the 1275 mile trip up to southern Manitoba through the U.S. on my own without stopping for the night (21 hours straight) and I`m confident I can do that again with my dad`s help driving. I think Tuesday afternoon I`ll be leaving, hopefully early in late morning or early afternoon, so that will put me in the Chicago area around late evening (7 hours to Chicago from my past experience). I`s time for a few days of cruising in a Caddy...