No spark, in need of assistance.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, No spark, in need of assistance. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey guys I'm having a problem getting spark in my 1999 DeVille. The car had spark one day then none ...
    MiL32T0N3 iNDU2TRi32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '99 DeVille

No spark, in need of assistance.

Hey guys I'm having a problem getting spark in my 1999 DeVille. The car had spark one day then none the next morning, I have replaced the coil pack because my old one had cracks on a couple of the cassettes (have no clue how it happened) still no luck, when I took a test light to the weather pack connectors that run into the coil pack I am only getting power on the drivers side I was thinking this is normal and the passenger side is just signal but maybe I'm wrong? Any advise you guys could give me would be amazing, I would really love to get the Caddy back on the road!!

Thanks in advanced guys!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: No spark, in need of assistance.

When you say you replaced the "coil pack", what exactly did you replace? The 4 coils or the ICM that they are mounted on?

Both I got 4 new cassettes and the ICM... Sorry for not being clear. Thank you for the reply Ranger!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The 2000+ engines use ignition "cassettes" that have the coils and ICM mounted in them and are inset into the cam covers. Your engine has 4 coils (I assume that is what you are talking about) mounted on the ICM which is mounted on the rear cam cover. You have no "cassettes". Have you pulled the DTC's?

Sorry about that I was just going off of what my invoice called them, as for DTCs I am not getting any but I also cannot start the car, can the car run a check with the key just in the on position??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.