2006 DTS Oil & ATF
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2006 DTS Oil & ATF in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've been running Royal Purple oil and oil filter. I was ...
    jonjay206 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS & 1974 Sedan DeVille

2006 DTS Oil & ATF

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've been running Royal Purple oil and oil filter. I was just wondering what you guess thought about it, and if there is someone else that ran it and found a better option or was told not to for (reason).

Also I was wondering if I should run the Royal Purple ATF trany fluid or if I should stick with the GM dealer brand, (which is ?, if anyone knows) I heard that running some highend stuff on cadys isn't recommended.. So if anyone has some advise that would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2006 DTS Oil & ATF

This subject has been beaten to death. There is no "best" oil. One is as good as the next. The "best" is what YOU think is the best. They all do the same job whether you paid $10/qt or $2/qt.

Use Dexron VI trans fluid.

jonjay206 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS & 1974 Sedan DeVille

yeah I'm sure it has just like any other question in any forum, but I'm new here and haven't seen it and I didn't feel like going through 100+ threads to get the info that is if I even find the same question that I've asked. So I apologize.

Can someone post up the thread and I'd be glad to get the info from in there.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The "Oil Wars" began long before I was born and will continue long after I'm pushing up daisies. There is no thread which will answer all your oil questions. Instant gratification is doing homework, so if you're unwilling to do some research, then consider.........

Suffice to say that a name brand oil in the viscosity range recommended for your car, whether dino or synthetic, when changed with a good filter according to the DIC OLM in your car, will assure a long, happy engine life.

My take, posted before, is that oil and filters are in the same preference class as whiskey and women: everyone has their pet likes and dislikes, and for me to tell you to run Dorothy's Magic Engine Life Oil and Cleaner Solution is useless.

Do a LOT of reading in www.bobistheoilguy.com, and Google "knize family oil filter study" and "knize family oil filter opinion".

You are free to spend as much or as little as you please on oils but for a daily driver, whether city, highway, or combination, a name brand oil recommended for your engine is all you need. Certainly, companies like Royal Purple would like your $$$ and allegiance, but you don't need to run it for 99.999% of your engine's operating conditions.

(then again, if you spend enough $$$ on high-end oils you might just buy a sticker on Danica Patrick's Indy car - but do you really think her crew chief runs the stuff in the engine ?? Really ???)

Skiller. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I will help you out. Oil is oil

Which bottle looks the coolest??

As for the transmission fluid - Dexron VI synthetic (GM).

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

Use a good oil ( Castrol, Pennzoil, Quaker State, etc, etc, etc) and change it a little early and things will be good. By a little I don't mean at 50% oil life, more like 10-15%. I'd avoid store brand oils but no need to spend big bucks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.