Huge savings on Head Gasket Jobs - only $1320 USD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Huge savings on Head Gasket Jobs - only $1320 USD in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; There's some catches: -Full pre-payment must be made before February 15th -The offer, once paid for, is valid for as ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Huge savings on Head Gasket Jobs - only $1320 USD

There's some catches:

-Full pre-payment must be made before February 15th
    -The offer, once paid for, is valid for as long as you want (you have a credit with us of one head gasket & oil seal replacement job at our shop in Ontario
    -If you're one of the lucky few whose head gaskets never fail, you are entitled to a 97% refund at any time (we may need an allowance of around 30 days to refund your money, and 3% is held to cover credit card processing fees)

If you live around the Great Lakes or even farther, this may be something to consider for 93-03 Northstar owners.

We have barely any head gasket work right now so this is why the offer is being made. We have almost immediate openings for vehicles right now.

I'm limiting this to 15 people for right now.

Oh- why pre-pay? That's one of the conditions that makes it worth it to us to offer this price - I still have to pay for a lot of new Northstar blocks, a shortage of work and money right now isn't helping with that. Time is running out and the guys I'm dealing with on that engine deal aren't small-time businessmen. If I can't fulfill our agreement I'll lose those engines. I'm buying the full lot of 220 engines.

You will still get studs installed, crank end seals and half-block/pan re-sealed, and 5 year/100,000 mile warranty against the gaskets blowing out again, for $1320 USD. Nothing will be done differently except writing the final bill.

If you require a refund within the first 60 days I will refund 100% of the money (because the bank will refund the processing fees too). So consider this a head gasket investment fund, cashable at any time (with a possible 30 day wait).

Thanks to all who consider this

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

onestout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville

Re: Huge savings on Head Gasket Jobs - only $1320 USD

Sounds like a great deal, wish you would have told me this a couple weeks ago.

Onestout, I wish I'd known sooner that I still had a chance to buy those final Northstars....lol..

Not too many people know what I have planned for this business- I have a lot of ideas and plans. One is to take the business south of the border and open maybe two or three shops in the USA. I love Canada for some reasons but damn it's cold here in the winter. And the government just passed a bill to almost double our retail sales tax. The government here is not quite all that smart with a lot of issues. I have some plans for more shops in Canada as well.

I'm taking a lot of business from the USA, and if the USA knew this they'd probably openly give me citizen status... The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has given me security clearance and a bond for $50,000 for cross border shipments and I hold a provisional patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and some are in the works for other countries as well. I'm going to see an immigration lawyer soon about this. Might as well keep the money in the country, right?

I may start offering a small public investment fund that either offers money growth or a discount on HG jobs. I don't know what yet, but it will help with company growth. I can purchase all kinds of parts at huge discounts if I buy in bulk- the problem is having the money up front to do this. Fel-Pro requires a $100,000/year sales figure with them, annually, in order to purchase directly from them. If I could do this, we'd all get gaskets at a lot lower prices. I'd still have mark-up but not as much as companies we normally buy from. This is just an example on how investment money helps out.

What's killing the engine rebuilding business? It's not the fact that some people start them up without oil (well only one so far, knock on wood) it's the high cost of shipping to the USA. If I lived in the states, shipping would be dirt cheap....

I'm not asking for handouts of any sort - but I am asking, are there people in the forums, if I continued to demonstrate trust between myself, my employees, and customers, that would feel comfortable investing into Northstar Performance? Money that can be refunded within 30 days from the time of investment. Names and amounts could be publically displayed, if requested.

dgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Sedan DeVille, 1999 DeVille Concours

I am definitely interested in your offer. I just need to know a few things.

Do you have engines ready to go? Since I live so far away, I wouldn't be able to afford the drive up there, a drive back home, a drive back up to pick up the car, and a drive back home ( 4 trips ).

If possible, I would like to trailer the car up, spend the night somewhere, and drive the car back home in a day or two. Can that be done???

Also, I have 2 heads and a crank from the first engine in my car ( I'm on my second right now ) if I could offer them as partial payment. They are VIN 9 as I have a 1999 Concours.

Another option, if you can do it, could you pick up the car in Buffalo and take it to your shop, then I could pick it up in Buffalo when it is done?

Let me know how to arrange the payment, as I am very interested in having my engine done. I would be very interested to know if I could be a 2004 or newer engine in my 1999 Concours. That would be great. How about a Supercharger while you have it apart ??? * GRIN *

Post your reply here or email me direct. dgilbert@infinitefx.com Thanks

Donnie
    1999 Deville Concours
    182K miles

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Like I mentioned once before Jake, why dont you move out to the west
    coast of british columbia?, I'm sure the volume is here, I have a small yard care business and I'm getting phone calls already to mow some lawns,it's
    especially warm this spring,just in time for the olympic winter sports.

jpix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville

Jake, Do you offer (for a fee) trucking the car to your shop from WV? I could fly up for pick-up when done. If not, do you have any contacts for towing it up there? And price?

blnwalsh2@gmail.com

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by dgilbert View Post
    I am definitely interested in your offer. I just need to know a few things.

Do you have engines ready to go? Since I live so far away, I wouldn't be able to afford the drive up there, a drive back home, a drive back up to pick up the car, and a drive back home ( 4 trips ).

If possible, I would like to trailer the car up, spend the night somewhere, and drive the car back home in a day or two. Can that be done???

Also, I have 2 heads and a crank from the first engine in my car ( I'm on my second right now ) if I could offer them as partial payment. They are VIN 9 as I have a 1999 Concours.

Another option, if you can do it, could you pick up the car in Buffalo and take it to your shop, then I could pick it up in Buffalo when it is done?

Let me know how to arrange the payment, as I am very interested in having my engine done. I would be very interested to know if I could be a 2004 or newer engine in my 1999 Concours. That would be great. How about a Supercharger while you have it apart ??? * GRIN *

Post your reply here or email me direct. dgilbert@infinitefx.com Thanks

Donnie
    1999 Deville Concours
    182K miles
    How does Jake deal with customers like you? Where did he say he would be replacing the motor with another one? He is going to stud your existing motor and put new H/G's for that price. Then you ask for a 2004 motor, damn you want a lot for your measly $1320! How much will you give for a supercharger (that nobody has ever done on a N* BTW), maybe an extra $100?

Hope I can answer some questions:

1- I will not accept parts in partial payment at this time- need cash
    2- I will not pick up on the US side of the border but I can pick up on the Canadian side for a fee, fees listed on my website under "Getting your car to us".
    3- I cannot tow from WV but I do have contacts with trucking companies who can
    4-We can have it done in 2 days. Arrive in the morning. Stay one night. It will be ready the next afternoon/evening.
    5-2004 engine will not fit, no way, no how
    6-No supercharger available at this point. That project got put off for a while.

What the Heck, Destroyer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    How does Jake deal with customers like you? Where did he say he would be replacing the motor with another one? He is going to stud your existing motor and put new H/G's for that price.
    He didn't say if he was replacing the motor or not, so I thought I would ask. I see no harm in that. I wasn't sure if he had blocks repaired already that he knew were good so that his repair was easier.

You will still get studs installed, crank end seals and half-block/pan re-sealed, and 5 year/100,000 mile warranty against the gaskets blowing out again, for $1320 USD. Nothing will be done differently except writing the final bill.
    It doesn't say your motor, another motor, a salvage yard motor, it just says studs installed.

Then you ask for a 2004 motor, damn you want a lot for your measly $1320!
    Once again, read what I wrote. I asked if a 2004 motor would fit, not if Jake would give me one. Maybe if a 2004 motor would have fit, and I could get one from a salvage yard, I would have him redo that one since they are a better block. I never asked him for a newer motor.

How much will you give for a supercharger (that nobody has ever done on a N* BTW), maybe an extra $100?
    You really haven't read much about these engines, have you? There are superchargers out there for the Northstar.

http://www.mechtech-ms.com/northstarSupercharger.php
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-17802896
    http://www.angelfire.com/stars/mycad...rgerphotos.htm

If Jake had a supercharger kit available, I would spend decent money on it, probably $1500 or better.

I really hate it when someone, such as myself, tries to get good information on the forum and someone like you tries to screw it up. I have been having long conversations with Ranger and Submariner about my head gasket issue. I have read countless articles and posts about trying to fix it, and so far, only AJ and 97EldoCoupe seem to have viable solutions. And well, Destroyer, I haven't seen you write anything worth reading. Stick to posting your "smilies" all over your posts, they are entertaining.

As for 97EldoCoupe's message... thank you Jake for the info. The reason I asked about a pick up in Buffalo is because my passport is expired and I don't know how long it would take to renew.

I asked about my parts because I currently have no use for them and thought they would be of some use to you.

Thank you for answering the question about the 2004 and up engines fitting. I had not been able to find the info as to how, if at all, that they would fit. I had hoped that it would for the larger bolt reasons.

You mentioned a one night possible turnaround. Do you work on Saturdays, or is the shop only open on weekdays? I may be able to take a Friday off, leave late Thursday night to be there on Friday. Is that an option for you?

Sorry to hear that the supercharger is put on hold. I know there was an issue with the intake and the blow off valve. I think that would be a good project to get going again someday, especially since so many of these engines are seeing application in other vehicles, like buggies.

You mentioned trying to have operations in the United States. I would be interested in helping with that if you are looking for people to get shops started.

Thanks Jake.

Don

Don I think Destroyer may have mis-understood your question intent- he was looking out for my interest and I really appreciate that Destroyer. But I do realize what you meant Don and it wasn't intended as Destroyer had thought.

I don't have too many engines built and on the rack right now- I prefer to just do a HG job on a customers car if that's all it needs and oil seals of course. Only use a different one if absolutely needed.

Hey Don - I have a good selection of heads and cranks right now for 93-99 but I do appreciate the offer- if it wasn't for getting those new blocks I'd take them off your hand in exchange for a bit of a discount.

I will work weekends to accomodate out of town customers. Done it before and I'll do it again.

the benefits of the M11x2.0 bolts are irrelevant because no matter what type of block you would have brought me, I would go one further and install studs (more durable than the 2004 redesign).

I definitely want to set up a shop or two in the USA but I won't even attempt that without the proper financing being in place first. I have to put my money where my mouth is, and I don't have the money to do so - lol - not right now. Let me know what you had in mind - jwiebe@northstarperformance.com

Thanks for the reply. I was very upset by the way that Destroyer just jumped in to attack me.

I would like to get my car up to you for repair. I may bring the heads along as they are doing me no good in the garage.

I looked at Google maps and it looks like about a 7 hour trip, close to 400 miles to where you are.

I will probably email you directly to try to work out a best time to get the car to you. Right now if bad with all our roads being closed from a recent snow storm.

Thanks for all that you do for these cars.

Don

If you want to bring the crankshaft along I'll see what I can do to make it worth your while as well. That's one on the list.

Any more takers? Remember - refundable at any time (30 days notice) and valid for as long as you like... this offer is only good until I have the rest of the $$ together for the remaining blocks.

mikelawson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Jake, just wanting some clarification on this. Does 1320 cover all the parts, labor and shop fees? If so, do you reuse intake, valve cover, crossover, water pump gaskets and not replace spark plugs, thermostat, radiator cap and coolant quick connects? There is about 50 in antifreeze, oil/filter and other fluids that are used during a repair. Do you charge extra for those or is that included as well? Do you send most of your heads to the machine shop for a light mill for an additional cost or do you cover that? Don't take this the wrong way, I was just curious as I couldn't imagine doing all the work to repair the head gaskets and skimp on reusing old gaskets that could cause trouble down the road since they are usually at least 10 years old. I was just curious as 1320 is pretty cheap and I do a lot of them, but wouldn't do it for a penny less than 1500 since it's so much work. I think you need to be careful on lowering your price as this would have a tendancy to force a service provider to cut corners to stay solvent. Just my 2 cents and I wish you well.

Mike

Naw, Mike, I just pour a bottle of heal a seal in the resevoir and let them be on their way-

No offense, but why would you ask questions like these?

1- There are many places I use AC Delco RTV instead of a gasket because that stuff SEALS. Period.
    2- I am well aware of the parts and fluid costs
    3- this is a temporary price reduction to raise capital. VERY TEMPORARY. Four more days.
    4- I DO NOT mill Northstar heads
    5- Yes that price covers parts unless extra parts are required (chain tensioners/ water pumps)
    6- I don't replace ignition parts unless the customer requests this or I see it mandatory
    7- I don't replace thermostats unless required
    8- Gaskets are all new
    9- Rad caps get re-used, why install parts that don't fail very often?
    10-Quick connects get replaced

Why don't I replace all of these parts? Most people maintain their vehicles and if a set of plugs has only 10k on them, why would I bill the customer for new ones? Water pumps - most have a new one, because they've been losing coolant/overheating. Why change it? I check the condition and replace what is necessary or looks like it will be necessary soon. Anything above and beyond is at the customer's discretion.

I don't mill Northstar heads. If they're warped, they get tossed. If they're pitted, they get tossed. I have a whole skid full of used heads and 46 brand new ones. Warped head - hmmm... lets see.. the cams don't run on bearings at all - yet two cams run the length of the heads with close tolerances. What happens with a warped N* head that gets machined and re-used? The surfaces might be true again after milling but the cams will start scuffing the aluminum away in the head. That can lead to engine failure, quickly.

Mike, I started doing this at $1150 PARTS INCLUDED. I wasn't turning much of a profit then but my expenses have grown considerably. I went from 550 sq. ft. to 4400 sq. ft. of shop space and have employed 3 people a while back, now 2. Just to clarify with you, I don't cut corners. I haven't then, and I never will. I had one failure in over 130 cars. I fixed it under warranty and it was publicly posted by me, I told everyone willingly and openly. People have a right to know the good and the bad.

" I think you need to be careful on lowering your price as this would have a tendancy to force a service provider to cut corners to stay solvent."
    I have enough capital Mike, that I don't have to re-use a $40 seal and have it come back to haunt me. At any given time I have enough seals and gaskets in stock to do 10 cars. I have contacts at General Motors on both sides of the border and I'm partnering with TRW and K1 Technologies to develop some bottom end parts for race motors. I order over $5,000 worth of studs at a time and if I need a custom one made I have a good sized turret lathe to do the job. I'm not going broke and offering a cheap service as a result. Rather, I have a $50,000 order worth of brand new engines on order that I need to pay for. This offer was intended to mutually benefit the customer and Northstar Performance.

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

bad timing for me i guess. Im just waiting for income tax to show up in my bank and it probably wont be there till after the 20th. Sucks cause bringing you this 99 in-tact has been a topic of discussion.

I still have 2 engines here Jake. Its been slow at this shop and we havent been doing any big jobs. Snow = plow plow plow. That and my truck was away for 3 weeks so i had no backup vehicle :P

Im torn on how to go about making use of these 2 cars. Could very well be when the small lots are done (plowing) we'll just yank that 99 and send the engine your way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.