head gasket repair in Iowa or surrounding states
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, head gasket repair in Iowa or surrounding states in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey guys, Ive got a 98 STS in need of head gaskets. Im in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and would like ...
    RodneyPierce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 STS

head gasket repair in Iowa or surrounding states

Hey guys, Ive got a 98 STS in need of head gaskets. Im in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and would like someone in Iowa or surrounding states within a reasonable distance (4 hours one way perhaps). Ive got about 2800-3000 to spend on the head gasket repair and a new front motor mount. Anyone know of anyone in the area or close that does good work on the northstars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Re: head gasket repair in Iowa or surrounding states

Hey Rodney not sure if you got my email response or not but I will be happy to do the repair for you if we can arrange shipping. $2200- that leaves $600-$800 for shipping. Once I get the new Eaton rear diff in the Sierra I can arrange pickup from the Canadian side of the Detroit or Port Huron crossing. Getting the car across is easy- all you need is the registration to the vehicle in case they want to verify that you're the owner. We do charge extra for the pick-up so if you can drive right to our shop it'll save you a bit more $$.

Our best time is 22 hours straight (non-stop) for the HG job but we prefer an allowance of 2 full days for U.S. and long distance customers.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41....indsor%2C%20ON

Check out the map above- 515 miles.

-Jake

hey Jake! I did not receive it for some reason? But after doing more research after I posted that I think we will drive it up to you. Its still plenty driveable, and doesnt use a whole lot of coolant yet. But i did the block tester and the fluid turned yellow in a matter of 3 or 4 pumps so i know there is exhaust gases present. Ill have to work on a passport for Amanda and I then will just drive it to your shop. We figured we could take a taxi service or get a rental car for the couple days we would need and just stay in the near by town there. I think its something like 678 miles to your shop from here? Or something along them lines. Ill also have you toss in a solid front mount while your in there. Ill get back with you on it after we get the passports taken care of. It says it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to get them back.

*edit* nevermind, that way takes me alot shorter route then mapquest did! so 8 hours, not bad! Ill drive it directly to the shop.

There is one other option ALOT closer that I just came apon. I will be in contact with you Jake! Thanks man!!!

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

No sweat - what ever you decide Rodney. What ever works out best for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.