Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I thought everyone would like to see what you get in the shift solenoid kit. There are many posts describing ...
    Twilightcall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!!

I thought everyone would like to see what you get in the shift solenoid kit. There are many posts describing it but a pic is worth 1000 words. Enjoy!!!!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jjbuckley is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!!

Yes that is familar, i remember them well. A wonderful afternoon under the car, at least is was spring wtih nice temps and low humidity.

John

Doug & Debbie Todd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!!

Hi there! Thanks for the pics! We lost the B Solenoid in our 94 ETC while on vacation and ended up bringing it home on a car hauler. It looks like you have to pull the "honeycomb" down to get the solenoids out....is that correct? I appreciate your insight~
    Debbie

bbozsik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville STS

I think you're referring to the valve body as the "honeycomb"? If so, then yes. Twilightcall, or anyone else who ends up replacing their Solenoids... maybe you could make a picture diagram we could post somewhere that details how to replace them for the novice. That would help many, many people out for a long time to come? Think of it as serving your country!

Yes, it is the valve body as my husband pointed out. Glad he works on the cars and not me!! I'm so glad we found this site...the shop wanted to charge us $3,700 for a new transaxle and it looks like a $70 upgraded set of solenoids solves it. We dropped the pan the the "B" is very wiggly - I'm sure it will be broken on the top side once we pull the valve body out. Thanks again!

Twilightcall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi everyone. Check down a few posts and you will see a post by me that has pics of the valve body, check ball locations etc.

Hi Twilightcall,
    We found your pics last night - they are awesome! Can you tell us the torque specs for tightening the valve body cap screws? Thanks!

Mr STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Shift Solenoids

Are these hard to replace?? Can you do it off of the floor or do you need a lift?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Shift Solenoids

Yes you can do it off the floor. Just like changing trans fluid but a bit more invovled and you have to go a bit further into the trans.

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

If this job seems to much for some of you . Try your local trans shop , I did and it cost me $345 . Money well spent if you ask me. I know I could have done it myself but I would have cussed up a storm not to mention sweat my butt off. Mine happen back in July when it was hottie then hell . I know the local Caddy dealer wanted $1500 for the same job.

Mr STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the information. I chickened out and had this done! This forum is very very helpful.

93 STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

installed solenoids,car shifted fine !came out the next day it
    would not shift.were dose the brace bolt to!could it broke the new
    solenoid! thanks for any info .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.