Cadillac Engineers please help us! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Engineers please help us! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Send a PCM to China or Japan, They are experts on reverse engineering and computer programing as well as cheap....
    83CADMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 83 Eldorado, 90 Seville, 94 Concours

Re: Cadillac Engineers please help us!

Send a PCM to China or Japan, They are experts on reverse engineering and computer programing as well as cheap.

JSTS02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Seville STS

I don't want you guys interrupting any more of GM's engineering meetings with this stuff! LOL!...Boy do they have some shit on there plate, we already know that after payday, they barely have enough to keep the doors open....

Yeah, they were on the right track until about 2002-2003. They were top notch competition in the mid-size - large luxury sedans especially in the power department for under 50k - 60k. That's why we love em' . So there was absolutely no need for more power when 99% of your customers did not buy a Cadillac for speed racer purposes anyways, it did seal the deal for me... but it was NOT the priority...

For example: My 2002 STS is pretty damn fast already... especially at highway speeds, I beat a LARGE majority of relative year cars on the late night weekend times when I need it. I can go there with a 745, LS, RL or S-classes (relative years) all quite comparable car in my eyes, but frankly they can't F* with the N*... sure, theres faster cars, I wouldn't embarrass myself against a supercharged camaro or one of those many small tuned out video game rollerskate rockets you see the rich kids driving in... That's when I sit back in 4000 pounds of plush leather ultra convenient electronics crome triple gloss loud bose sub but quite 300 hp CAD-DI-LAC (all standard!), and i let them do what THEY where built for... I say Job well done GM (despite being mod resistant and prone to headbolt failure)

If its a HOT ROD you desire, only makes since to gut it and rebuild it, maybe even leave out the northstar because most of that 2 tons is not conducive to being fast nor is the FWD layout, or maybe rebuild it with a super charger or turbo??? Sounds pretty expensive... thats why BMW and Benz owners don't do it either... they are just fortunate enough to have Aplina's and AMG's... third party companies with the money to do it for them...

But anyways... seriously... leave GM alone... they got some stuff to think about... the new northstars are oblivious and no longer competes for anything of its class... decent for the DTS but do all the sportier models no justice... I'm not spending 50k-90k any cadillac STS, DTS or XLR today buddy... id take that money over to benz and get an S-Class maybe even a used S63 AMG which hands down crushes anything any northstar cadillac can offer.

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

Quote Originally Posted by JSTS02 View Post
    I'm not spending 50k-90k any cadillac STS, DTS or XLR today buddy... id take that money over to benz and get an S-Class maybe even a used S63 AMG which hands down crushes anything any northstar cadillac can offer.
    So what you are saying is you would rather spend 50-60k on a new S or AMG than spend 3-5 grand on a 10 year old caddy that you seem to be perfectly happy with? I was thinking that cause you keep saying N*. Whats wrong with the newer, faster Caddy's compared to the new competition imports?

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    I think I'll just leave it right here. I'll come back on these forums when

1. Destroyer stays out of the Northstar thread (since these engines shouldn't be worth his time anyway)
    2. I have proof that there are ways to really increase performance. I'm sick of talk. It's time for action and results.
    -Or-
    3. I join a Mustang/Lincoln Mark VIII forum and bash the Ford 4.6 constantly until people get sick of me
    I'm really not sure what that is about Jake but I don't own a Mark and don't have a 4.6. I don't even own a Ford. You are getting upset that you can't get more power out of a N*, take that up with GM. The 4.6 Ford wins if this was a contest in reliability, tuneability, performance and aftermarket support. N* cars have more than adequate power for the type of car they are, add to that the fact that they are FWD and why even bother? You are doing just fine with the studs. But seriously Jake, you are right, I shouldn't be in here as I have no plans to buy another Cadillac with a N*. My next Caddy will either be a classic or a CTS-V (with the better Chevy motor). I'm gone dude, you can come back now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.