Bar's Leaks, block seal: Head Gasket Repair ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Bar's Leaks, block seal: Head Gasket Repair ??? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; How you guys doing? Well as most of you already know, i have leaking head gaskets (the headbolts are pulling ...
    Eldorado_RED is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bar's Leaks, block seal: Head Gasket Repair ???

How you guys doing? Well as most of you already know, i have leaking head gaskets (the headbolts are pulling out of the block) from a head gasket replacement that was improperly done 2 years ago. Well before i attempt to get another head job or engine i wanted to try to see if the Bar's Leak golden seal might work for my car. But i couldnt find it no where, ive looked in wal-mart, advanced auto and autozone. But i did come across another bar's leak product

Block Seal: Head Gasket Repair 1100
    premium cooling stop leak
    stops block leaks, seals cracked heads, repairs blown head gaskets

Now this sounds too good to be true, especially in my situation. I couldnt find this product on they website so im assuming its new. Please let me know your inputs on using or not using this product. I dont want to digger myself a deeper hole. Oh yea, i bought it from Advance auto parts for about $8.33

Thanks in advance, have a blessed day to all

Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddyshack24 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Bar's Leaks, block seal: Head Gasket Repair ???

"Bar's Leak golden .. couldnt find it anywhere"
    You can get the same thing from the dealership for $4. Just ask for the cooling supplement .. It's ginger and almond shell. Part number: 3634621

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

If it sounds too good to be true.....it probably IS too good to be true....LOL.

jeffreykeithpike is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talk about too good to be true. I cracked a head four years ago on my 88 chevy truck (305) and a small shop mechanic told me about Blue Devil, a liquid that you put in a cold idling engine with the thermostat removed. I tried it because I was on the road a long way from home and in a hurry. In 45 minutes of idling my truck went from pouring water and steam out of the tail pipe to not having used any water in four years. I called them (Blue Devil) and they said that it would not work on Northstars and they didn't know why. They and I were not aware of the head bolt problem at the time. The stuff is amazing!

Jeffrey

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.