Oxytane?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Oxytane? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Anyone ever hear of Oxytane? A slesman sent me a sample of this stuff, it's a fuel additive of some ...
    LeoC2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Oxytane?

Anyone ever hear of Oxytane? A slesman sent me a sample of this stuff, it's a fuel additive of some sort, no info on the internet that I can find.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Oxytane?

Never heard of it, never seen it, can't find any information about it. If the salesman doesn't disgorge a pretty convincing pitch about what it does and why it's great, and the bottle doesn't have any detailed technical info about why you should use it, I'd say get rid of it. Or put it in your enemy's car. If there's good info about what it does and how it works, please post it here. Somehow I doubt it's worth the trouble.
    Mike

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The optimum word here is SALESMAN. I suspect it would be cheaper to burn premium than to put snake oil in your tank.

LeoC2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That's why I was asking if anyone ever heard of it. Now get this sales pitch... he claims it is not an octane booster but a formula that eliminates static electricity in the fuel lines thus rearranging the fuel molecules allowing them to burn more efficiently. Luckily this conversation took place on the phone because the look I had on my face was that of pure amusement.

Now when I asked him why some of the bottles had a blue liquid and others were reddish his reply was that his wife's favorite color was purple but he got the colors wrong when he mixed it up in the blender! I lost it at that point! I'm still laughing three hours later.

That sounds an awful lot like the "fuel line magnet" that does something with molecules and gives 20% better fuel milage and a HP boost to boot. If you want a laugh it can be found in the Harbor Freight catalogue.
    Then there is the Tornado.......

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Most of these gas saving gadgets are recycled about every 10 years or so. Some are approaching 75 to 100 yrs now. The platinum gas saver is a good example. How about the miracle carburetor bought out by the oil companies. The pinwheel in the intake under the carb fools the rubes. The magnets on the gas line mentioned before has been around since Barney Oldfield. Who can resist the light show from the ignition energizers and spark gaps. How about the Teflon oil additives that are ground up scrap plastic and reclaimed crankcase drainings. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Mitch3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldorado

Never heard of Oxytane but that got me thinking of all the great claims made by different oil companies. They all seem to have some secret ingredient to keep us and our cars happy. Now to a serious question. Is any brand gasoline better or worse than others? I've been using Premium HESS for years without a problem. Ironically I started using HESS because my mechanic told me it had additives that kept the engine clean. I read several posts here which recommend SHELL V. Can't find any Shell stations in this area so I just filled up with SUNOCO 93 Octane and I think my old Eldorado is running a lot better. Probably my imagination running wild. Any input on this one.

caddygirlny is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i live by lucas fuel injection cleaner...its the only kind that is actually helpful rather than all the other marketing scams. i add it on an almost empty gas tank after every oil change.
    on another note the lucas no slip tranny fluid is great also.

bbozsik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville STS

Is Oxytane like Pootytang?

Dale Pulde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 eldorado-01 Seville

I was looking up Oxytane on Google when I ran across this site. I have and still use Oxytane. I have many different cars from stock to performance. I too am very sceptical about additives. I was told just put it in and see if you notice anything. I ran it in a Harley I had on the dyno. It picked up 2 HP. I tried it in my 98 Eldorado prior to a Calif smog check. Comparing to the last 2 checks it had gotten way better on emissions. We put it in a Performance Camaro we have. If we move it in and out of the shop alot and dont drive it. It never gets to warm up or get out of the cold start mode and will start to fould plugs. Since Oxytane it has never done that. I sentsome to my girlfriends son. he put it in his 96 Explorer with 250k miles on it. after 50 miles he said it had power like it had when new and really smoothed ot the idle. We also have a S10 pick up with a LT1 corvette drive train. It is time for a tune up or even more. Starts hard and idles rough,like bad wires or somthing. I put Oxytane in it and drove it for the day. It ran perfect. I ran out that tank. 2 fill ups later it ran bad again. Added the oxytane and smoothed out. Oxytane is not a cure all but it does make a difference. If it was given to you. It would not hurt to try it. Just my take on it. Dale Pulde

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

No offense Dale, but you sound like a salesman. Without proof, your words are just words.

If something was given to me to put into my tank, I would want to know its chemical composition first. That way at least I know what it will ruin.
    Everything comes at a cost; You may gain fuel economy, but end up having the additive eat away your fuel pump or something.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Lessee.......fillup with 93 at....$2.89 per, add a bottle of snake oil at......$8.99 per.........Expensive gas fillup for little or no gain. Somewhere between $5.99 and $8.99 a shot for snake oil adds 25% to the cost of a tank of gas. And you just know that those NASCAR drivers are running the stuff in their cars, right ??

Anyone notice that Marvel Mystery Oil (dyed and scented SAE 5 mineral oil) is now $29.99 a gallon ?? Ol' P.T. Barnum was (and is still) correct........

charlougas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I was lucky to use Oxytane during the height of the Gas crisis when gas was over 4.50 a gallon in New York after the gas prices skyrocketed. I was using it at a very dilute mixture and still saw an improvement in gas mileage. It was not even in the new bottles yet. Im using it in every gas application I can think of but works best in old hot rods and big engine carb cars. My new LS2 really wakes up with this additive. I was told this is not a octane booster but has the ability to reduce static charges in the fuel and allows the electrons off the sparkplug to move thru the combustion chamber. The biggest problem I found is when you dont use it. The car performance goes right back to its usually sluggish self unless you use high test. My feelings are that it makes regular gas into high test or better. there is info on this at oxytanecom watch the videos on static in heavy crude oil sparking.

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

I find it interesting that Dale Pulde and charlougas each have just 1 post, and scant info in their profiles.

And both have high accolades for this snake oil, and Dale revived a 5 year old post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.