Exact oil filter wrench for 1996 Seville SLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Exact oil filter wrench for 1996 Seville SLS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I bought a low milage used 1996 cadillac Seville SLS about a month ago and it's about time for it's ...
    Revision17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville SLS

Exact oil filter wrench for 1996 Seville SLS

I bought a low milage used 1996 cadillac Seville SLS about a month ago and it's about time for it's first oil change, and I'd like to get an exact fitting oil filter wrench.

In my old camry, remember just due to it's location, yanking the filter out was a real pain since I couldn't get a strap wrench around it. Since I'm hopefully going to have this seville for quite some time, I'd like to get exactly the right one to make oil changing as painless as can be.

I'm thinking of something like this: (link removed due to spam filter; search amazon for OTC-GM-Oil-Filter-Wrench to see the product I'm talking about)
    however that's for a 3.6 liter oldsmobile Aurora 3.5L V6 engine, not a northstar.

If this isn't the right forum for this let me know.. I'm kinda new around here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffrsmith is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 SLS, '05 Deville, '87 Porsche 944

Re: Exact oil filter wrench for 1996 Seville SLS

I picked up a fram cup oil wrench for like $5 at walmart. Go to walmart pick out the filter that fits your car and then get the appropriate sized cup wrench - they work great. I do not use fram oil filters but it fits wix filters just fine - I also found that the same wrench fits the filters on my 92 S10, 95 cavalier, and my 89 buick lesabre.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Exact oil filter wrench for 1996 Seville SLS

Some of the filter cups will service 2 different sized filter bases. Either make sure your choice fits your filter base with the first cup size or you'll need to weld a 3/8" drive old socket to the outside of the cup: The filter base, slipping into the second cup size, pushes the socket drive out of the cup and is an unholy bitch to operate.

The same reasoning that you can't pull a spark plug without a deepwell socket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.