2001 cadillac deville small hesitations
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2001 cadillac deville small hesitations in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; About 200mi ago i replaced the plenum,intake gaskets, spark plugs, upper and lower crank shaft sensor. The plenum had a ...
    JIMTON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE

2001 cadillac deville small hesitations

About 200mi ago i replaced the plenum,intake gaskets, spark plugs, upper and lower crank shaft sensor. The plenum had a small tear and the car was shiftifting a little hard.Anyway the problem is while Im driving through town, maybe 35 or 40 i can feel little small jerks, nothing major, but i figure it will get worse.Its not sending any codes, or running bad otherwise. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blackonblacklac00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS (RIP),04 DTS (Sold) 04 DTS (Present) 03 CTS (Present)

Re: 2001 cadillac deville small hesitations

what kind of spark plugs did you put in?I heard if you use anything other then the original ac delco plugs you will get problems similar to what u got

steck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood

my plenum had a tear in it too...my mechanic couldnt figure out why they would all do this...but they all do eventually. this also threw a code regarding a 'lean right bank'

i fixed my upper and lower crank sensors too recently on my '01 DTS. fun fun.

as for your question, i dunno, but sounds like a tranny issue to me...(especially if it was already shifting hard)

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Read the thread at the top of this forum's main page: "How to pull codes" and learn to use your car's built-in Diagnostic Trouble Code system. You don't need outside scanners or help. Use the URL in the thread which has "obd2" (OnBoard Diagnostics -II protocol) and write down your DTC's. Note whether each is Current or History. Then use the same link to decipher the P, B, U, and C code meanings.

Codes are hidden until you open the system - DIC messages are not the same.

JIMTON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE

I have used the dash for the codes and i do not have any.They were cleared when the plenum and crk shaft sensors were changed.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

"Small hesitations" sounds like either a miss or some quick air/fuel correction. A miss will normally set a P0300 code, so look for a loose/dirty connector for the MAF, MAP, ISC, or TPS.

thebigtomster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had a very similar sounding problem. Try disconnecting the EGR. It will throw error codes. But it may make the "hesitations" go away. Replacement of the EGR is simple and expensive. So make sure it is really the EGR. Also, the EGR system is extremely dirty. Try cleaning the EGR valve if it is the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.