engine temp?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, engine temp? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; OK, I'm not a mechanic, so, how do we find out the temp of engine. ? I've seen posts where ...
    97cherry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS-White Diamond

Exclamation engine temp?

OK, I'm not a mechanic, so, how do we find out the temp of engine. ? I've seen posts where folks say they know an exact #? ?
    kdw

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Re: engine temp?

Yup, your question is kind a vague...

Eldorado has a temperature sensor in the engine and the value can be displayed on your
    dash display. On my 93 Eldo, I just press the "information" button until engine temp. is
    displayed. Actually, that is my default setting while I drive.

On the other hand, if you are asking what is the normal emgine operating temperature
    then I would say between 195-240 Deg. F. It can fluctuate depending on the driving conditions.

Peteski

97cherry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS-White Diamond

Arrow Re: engine temp?

Hum,
    I don't think my "info" center tells me engine temp? Batty volts, mpg, miles till empty,oil life, some gay "timer"?, etc. Not engine temp?. Hum
    thanks for playing though? yes, vauge? I just wonder how to tell if she's running hot(er). I guess I can just watch the "dumby gauge" eh?

thanks again.
    kdw

propertypro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: engine temp?

Cherry 97,
    My 97 SLS has analog gauges. The temp gauge is the way to check temp.
    When it is 90 degree humid weather - running in city traffic (with A/C on), my gauge will climb to the 3/4 point and I will shut the A/C off and run the heater on high to bring the temp down.
    Don't believe that shit about an air cooled "limp-in mode" when N* loses coolant. DO NOT overheat that engine. It will pull head bolt threads from the block and basically ruin your car's engine. It costs more to fix it than to replace. I went through that ordeal and the "new" engine really screams. I lucked out and bought a low milage, one owner N* over the net that is a good one. It is worth it. I really love my car. Had two other N* Caddys and never had a problem with either of them. Good Luck and Happy Driving.
    Wayne

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.