Help With Code 39 Tcc Off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help With Code 39 Tcc Off in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I Am A Newcomer To This Site. I Have Recenty Bought A 1995 Seville Sls. The Check Engine Light Came ...
    DEEBEE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 SEVILLE SLS

Help With Code 39 Tcc Off

I Am A Newcomer To This Site. I Have Recenty Bought A 1995 Seville Sls. The Check Engine Light Came On, So I Took It To The Local Dealership. I Was Told That We Got A Code 39 Tcc Off. They Quoted A Very High Price To Fix. The Car Is Not Shifting Into Overdrive. (4000 To 5000 Rpm @ Highway Speeds). By The Way The Car Has 81,000 Miles.

Should I Trust This Repair To Joes Transmissions Or Pay The Bucks For The Dealership Price??

Any Input Is Helpful

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Help With Code 39 Tcc Off

Well....just a wild guess but it sounds like the trans is stuck in second gear....that would be the default mode if the trans is not seeing signals from the PCM or if one of the shift solenoids in the transmission were to be failed. My hunch would be that it is just a shift solenoid in the trans. They are relatively accessible in the bottom pan and can be replaced with the trans in the car by removing the lower pan, valve body and changing the shift solenoids on the valve body once it is on the bench. There is a service retrofit kit for the shift solenoids that includes a reinforcing bracket to prevent the plastic body of the shift solenoids from cracking.

I would address the reason that the trans is not shifting and the code 39 may be cleared up in the process.....

Find a decent trans shop that knows how to replace the shift solenoids in a 4T80E transmission and ask them to do that.

DEEBEE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 SEVILLE SLS

Re: Help With Code 39 Tcc Off

Thanks For The Imput. The Tech. At The Dealership Mentioned The Torque Converter. He Never Mentioned The Shift Solenoids. I Know Very Little About This Stuff. Could That Be Why The High Price Quote?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.