Notice of price increase on HG replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Notice of price increase on HG replacement in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Effective the next car that comes in, there will be a price increase from $1500 CDN to $2200 CDN (approx. ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Notice of price increase on HG replacement

Effective the next car that comes in, there will be a price increase from $1500 CDN to $2200 CDN (approx. $2000 US) on the head gasket replacement job.

That's the downside.

Here's the upside:

-5 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the head gaskets (that they will seal, even under WOT up a steep hill) in effect for all vehicles that are affected by this price increase.

-all lower oil seals and all gaskets & seals are replaced as well with premium Fel-Pro gaskets. This includes the case halves and crank end seals too.

-all engines will get studded with the SureGrip studs, as usual. They've been tested on about 100+ Northstars now and they're doing great.

-this price increase will allow for extra funding for the R&D department and I will be hiring a secretary full time to handle most calls and paperwork. This way I can spend more time in the shop where I prefer/need to be, and I can take Sundays off again. I'm getting too tired working 12 hour days and skipping weekends. I plan on getting some more equipment in the shop, too.

I apologize to all who cannot afford or find it difficult to cover this increased cost, but rest assured this increase in revenue will have a lot of positive impacts on Northstar owners, as you will soon see.

Not to mention that some owners don't want their oil seals done (I was charging $1500 or $1800 including the lower seals) and later mentioned having oil leaks. This way it's done, on every car, included in the cost. Not to mention some customers have been too cheap to spend the extra money in their car, even if it was leaking bad. I don't like the idea of oil dripping on that exhaust cross-over pipe. It's not my style to re-install an engine into a vehicle that way- this becomes a fire & safety hazard.

In this price, once again is parts, labor, and applicable tax all included.

I may not be the cheapest anymore, but hopefully many owners will still find it worth it to come to me for the dreaded HG repair. This will be the last price increase for probably 2 years to come.

Thank you to all customers to date, and all of you forum members who have been promoting my shop. I never forget those who help me & help others.

Also I have been able to donate nearly $1,200 since starting this business to charities, the majority of this has gone to the Mennonite Central Commitee - www.mcc.org. This is your money, (thanks to you all!) that has gone to feed the hungry and help people around the world who are very ill or have just been affected by war or natural disasters.Always give back when you are able to do so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

Re: Notice of price increase on HG replacement

price is still well worth it. and with the include of the seals! thats a HUGE bonus.

One thing i saw on your site. . . the waiting list of auto's waiting to be repaired.... that is a pretty good shopping list for a theif whom might want to steal some caddies!.

A theif doesn't know the security measures I have in place to protect these cars. Plus I live here too, and I'm armed. But that is a good point Taylor- I may choose to remove that information, haven't updated that in a little while anyway.

zr1mark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado

And when will you update us with sites in the U.S. ,preferably New England who will do the work ?

Oh Canada is just so far away.....

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

have you goten the decals i sent you yet ?
    i sent them Thursday of last week.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by eyekandyboats.inc View Post
    One thing i saw on your site. . . the waiting list of auto's waiting to be repaired.... that is a pretty good shopping list for a theif whom might want to steal some caddies!.

Steal a Caddie with a blown head gasket!!! I have enough problems already.

No I haven't gotten the package yet, I'm sure it will come soon.

I'll get the list of shops together soon.

32vmonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

That price is still reasonable by all means.

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

With the added parts seems like a reasonable deal and will hopefully allow more time doing what ya love and keep the boring paperwork to someone else!

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

Smile Re: Notice of price increase on HG replacement

Quote Originally Posted by 00 deville View Post
    steal a caddie with a blown head gasket!!! I have enough problems already.
    roflmao

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.