air box
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, air box in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Im looking for a after market ait box and filter for my 2000 deville any one know who makes one ...
    trash is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 de ville

air box

Im looking for a after market ait box and filter for my 2000 deville any one know who makes one or who makesthe best one
    thanks Trash

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Raze is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger

Re: air box

SEARCH

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

There is so much posted on so-called "cold air intakes" for your car that it would take a NYC telephone book-sized binder to hold it all.

Your car already has a completely efficient CAI, larger than the engine needs at WOT. (Unfortunately, there's no bling built in.) Change to a WIX filter, which has more filtration area than Fram or the way overpriced K&N. Read up on some small air tract mods you can do yourself. There are no HP gains from aftermarket air boxes for our cars. Noisier, yes. Meaningful gains, no. Thus the post by Raze. He's been there, done that.......

Save your money and get a CORSA (www.corsaperformance.com) exhaust catback.

TheGoldenCity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 eldorado

what about super chargers?

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The was a guy here that did it. How much money do you have and how fast do you want to go? I think it cost him (Mark) $10,000+

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

That was a turbocharger. Cool mod but I'd rather take the $10,000 and buy a second car for going fast...maybe a Trans Am or Mustang GT. The Cadillac is faster than it needs to be stock.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

That was a turbocharger.
    Oops, I was close. I knew it was some kind of charger.

Actually, when we went through this about 5 months ago, the final total was in excess of $14,500. It was a one-off, custom install, an unholy bitch due to the FWD and zero room to work. Others come aboard with "Oh, yeah, I can get a kit from Joe's Turbo Taxi for $1995 and slap it in." So far, none of them have succeeded. Remote turbo ? .........put the car up on a frame hoist, pop a beer, walk around underneath and look hard. Where ????

It would be interesting to see a supercharger under the hood of an Eldorado - transverse engine and all. Trouble is, AJxtcman was working on a blower install for another GM car in this Forum ("How to Install An Eaton ..........") and that has disappeared also.

Not to mention the engine and powertrain control hacks that would have to be done, but which haven't been cracked to date. Just sayin'..........

It would be fun.......I've done some work with GM 4-71's and 6-71's years ago on Chevy SB's. I'll be dead before anyone successfully mates a blower to a sidewinder 4.6 Northstar daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    That was a turbocharger. Cool mod but I'd rather take the $10,000 and buy a second car for going fast...maybe a Trans Am or Mustang GT. The Cadillac is faster than it needs to be stock.
    faster than it needs to be?
    im kinda new here so ill be nice but you just lost all credit

trash, With all due respect, chazglenn3 is basically saying that a FWD Northstar is a Cadillac, not a ricer or Mustang. You have the base DeVille, which is the sedate 275 HP/3.11 final drive package. Just as with my STS, there is no aftermarket stuff which will give meaningful power/mileage gains except maybe the CORSA exhaust (It will take me 125 years to amortize the cost vs. gas savings). Just keep the car clean, tuned well, and enjoy the drive. You can always bolt on some bling, but then it's no longer a Cadillac.

For most of us FWD Northstar drivers the only real, measureable horsepower gain is to go to RWD with a Rolls Royce Merlin V-12.

One of my favorite pitches is sort of like "Use the Cadillac to tow the trick 454 Camaro to the track."

trash, Take a long rainy day to surf through all the Seville, Deville, Cadillac Technical, and Northstar Performance Forums to find out what's already been tried and accomplished. Read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up ^^^^ in the black bar.

thats cool I trust all of your opinions and you saved me a butt load of time
    I thank ill get a wicks
    thanks everyone Trash

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.